Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

Five First Year Birthday Party Ideas Worth Stealing

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:07 PM
  • 1 Replies

Five First Year Birthday Party Ideas Worth Stealing

Last weekend we celebrated Linden’s first birthday with a “Los Colores y Los Números” themed brunch. Here are some of the fabulous birthday party ideas that worked for me, many of which I have ripped off from friends and Pinterest, and you should too.

Happy-Birthday-Linden-3
1. Use numbered onesies for a custom “bunting”. As many of you know, I have been documenting Linden’s developments by taking a “birthday” picture every month while she wears a numbered onesie. Not only have these provided adorable pictures, they were easily repurposed into into cool “bunting” for her party!

Happy-Birthday-Linden-2
2. Brighten up the party with fresh flowers. As adults, we often think to have fresh flowers at our parties. Well, why not have them at a party for kids? These brightly colored flowers worked well with our theme and provided a nice paper weight for our large pieces of coloring paper.

Happy-Birthday-Linden-53. Let the kids get creative. We set out three kid-size picnic tables so the kids had a place to sit that was just their size. Instead of table cloths, we covered them with large pieces of coloring paper and provided a large bowl of crayons as the centerpiece.

birthday-party-ideas-worth-stealing-3
4. Make clean up easy! Stamp these paper Ace® Yard Bags with these cool stampsto easily collect compost, recycling, and trash items.

how-to-make-allergen-free-chocolate-cupcakes
5. Let them eat cake! With so many kids with allergies these days, why not bake up some allergen-free cupcakes? Talk about pure joy! Top them off with a basic buttercream frosting and these cupcakes will quickly become everyone’s favorite, with or without allergies.

Happy-Birthday-Linden-12
Don’t you just LOVE the shirt Linden is wearing? I found them on Etsy. They are made by Watching Me Grow, a wonderful mom-owned small business. Help support them by clicking here and liking them on Facebook!

Information about the menu and party favors
For brunch we served pancake appetizersegg and bacon cups, fruit salad, pasta salad, cupcakes, prosecco, orange juice and coffee. Instead of elaborate goodies bags or time consuming DIY projects, I purchased these Baby’s 1st Birthday Scribblersfrom Etsy.

by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
chrarrington18
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 10:27 PM
That's a cut partyi love the onesie line.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN