Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need help with DS Wipe Out Party

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 3:28 PM
  • 13 Replies

I already have the obstacle course planned out. I now need to figure out what type of decorations to use. I know I have to incorprate the BIG RED BALLS somehow. The colors will be red and blue. I plan to make red balls for the cup cake toppers and that's all I have right now. Having a brain fart...... HELP! "

"I ♥ my Marine"

by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 3:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
earthangel1967
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 7:26 PM

YVONNE

deeredone2
by Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Love the noodles in the buckets!  Perfect I'm going to use this.  Thanks!!!

Alieda
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this
You can big balls of red tissure paper to hung form the ceiling.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
earthangel1967
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Quoting deeredone2:

Love the noodles in the buckets!  Perfect I'm going to use this.  Thanks!!!

youre welcome

YVONNE

earthangel1967
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 8:07 PM

I know you said you have your obstacle course all set up but just in case you like it I thought I would share another idea with you in case you have room and supplies and like the idea to perhaps throw in with your other stuff....

at my youngest son's 13th birthday super sloppy slimy party... one of the main things we had (along with a bunch of others) that was a HUGE hit with all the teens from 13 thru 18 was we covered our back yard with  plastic tarps (you could even use just one large plastic tarp in your course) and we covered the tarp in a bottle of vegetable cooking oil and water and it was slippier and messier and crazier than any slip n slide haha .. I am sure your kids would think it was a blast trying to get across that thing along and thru your course of other ideas they go slipping and sliding and flying all over and laugh like crazy  (we had soapy water buckets and mini shampoos and a hose to clean them off before they came in house ) haha

YVONNE

earthangel1967
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 8:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Of course large size red balloons would make good red balls too

YVONNE

cowgirls10181
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 8:10 PM
They throw hotdogs n things during the baseball course. A mud pool? Or waterballons that can be tossed during the course?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deeredone2
by Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 11:03 AM
This is a great idea! I actually thought about this but was going to use soap on the tarp.

Quoting earthangel1967:

I know you said you have your obstacle course all set up but just in case you like it I thought I would share another idea with you in case you have room and supplies and like the idea to perhaps throw in with your other stuff....

at my youngest son's 13th birthday super sloppy slimy party... one of the main things we had (along with a bunch of others) that was a HUGE hit with all the teens from 13 thru 18 was we covered our back yard with  plastic tarps (you could even use just one large plastic tarp in your course) and we covered the tarp in a bottle of vegetable cooking oil and water and it was slippier and messier and crazier than any slip n slide haha .. I am sure your kids would think it was a blast trying to get across that thing along and thru your course of other ideas they go slipping and sliding and flying all over and laugh like crazy  (we had soapy water buckets and mini shampoos and a hose to clean them off before they came in house ) haha

"I ♥ my Marine"

deeredone2
by Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 11:07 AM
For sure! I'm going to buy the big red punching balls and tie them to PVC pipi and stick in the ground. These will also lead the contestants to the back yard where the fun is. I plan to do a balance beam, using the noodle idea and making hurdles for them to jump. They will then go through the inflatable obstacle course and then down the water slide. I plan to have an adult time each kid and the winner will receive the big prize. I will have a balloon arch at the finish line.

Quoting earthangel1967:

Of course large size red balloons would make good red balls too

"I ♥ my Marine"

earthangel1967
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting deeredone2:

This is a great idea! I actually thought about this but was going to use soap on the tarp.

Quoting earthangel1967:

youre welcome

YVONNE

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)