Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

Goodie Bags

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 9:47 AM
  • 8 Replies

When putting together goodie bags for a child or adults party what do you consider? It quantity better then quality? Must it match the theme of the party? do you put cafts from the party in them as part of the goodie bags? If you have a candy or desert buffet is that the goodie bag or seperate from them?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
kavon
by Kaya on Jul. 4, 2012 at 1:00 PM

For baby & bridal showers we usually do just so chocolate kisses or other mini chocolate in tulle.

Don't do favors for the adult bday parties.

For my dd's bday parties, I try to match the theme with things I know the kids will like and use, this is hardest when there is a wide age range. Also, i love to try homemade favors.

earthangel1967
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 1:45 PM

We did bags for all 5 of our kids every single birthday party and we did them for my wedding too (very small very intimate unique wedding not traditional at all it was more like a deeply symbolic musical production with a fairytale romance theme but personalized)

I also did party favor bags that had to be decorated and the prizes had to be theme matching for various holiday parties I threw for the kids growing up too for various holidays and their friends.

For adult birthday parties I dont do gift bags

Sometimes I buy the bags if they match the theme well and I like them but if I cant' find ones I like that match well enough then I decorate my own which I did many times.

The gifts inside for me the quality is more important than the quantity and for our parties the gifts inside HAVE to for SURE match the theme I am almost obsessed with it. lol

Blinksssss YVONNE

earthangel1967
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Another thing I wanted to share about the gift bags especially the ones at our kids birthday parties.... if the kids were really young and any little guests acted jealous over the bd child having gifts I would point out the decorated party bags with each child's name on them (up high but in sight to add to the decor but so they cant reach them) and tell them look you are going to get presents too but not until its time to go home ok? That helped.

The first few parties I made mistake of giving guests their party bags when my child was opening gifts but that was a mistake bc they end up eating  candy and leaving toys and little gifts all over my house and losing them and forgetting to bring them home and getting them mixed up with other kids... so I learned from then on... the guests were given their bags once they had their shoes on and their parents were taking them out the door with a big thank you to them ... that also helped stragglers at the party who didnt want to leave even though we were ready for them to lol to be more eager to leave when it was time bc they saw the other kids getting their bags and they cant have theirs until they are leaving lol

Blinksssss YVONNE

supermeof3
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 3:13 PM

We do quality over quantity.....and we match it to the theme :)   Last party we had was an ice cream parlour theme and we gave the kids ice cream scented bubbles that came in an ice cream cone shape and an ice cream themed velvet picture to color w/ markers

chrarrington18
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 3:43 PM

With our parties we do quality ad quanity. I tend to over give with the goodie bags. I have a new tradition of giving a coloring book to match the theme that I make. I print pics off the internet and the cover is a pic of the bday kid saying thank you for coming to my party. The boys and girls usually get different things cause the themes are usually really girly or boyish. No matter what I always give the girls a small hair clip that I made. For my dd parties I skip the pinata and do a candy table long witht ehgoodie bags. For my ds we do a pinata cause according to him candy tables are for girls. Each kid still gets some candy in their goodie bags also. I dont like to use the theme bags or boxes cause they dont usually fit my treats so I get the nylon bags fro oriental trading and they work great.

momofsixangels
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 3:47 PM

I like to add lots of candy,some bubbles,little toys

chrarrington18
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 3:47 PM

I also take into consideration the age of the child. each age group gets something different. It is  the best way to make sure there is nothing hasardous in the bag for the kids.

For adult parties i usually only do baby showers so the gift is usuall a pic frame with some candy.

Alieda
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 3:51 PM
Would say quantity over quality in most things including gift bag things.what visit them depends on the theme of the party.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN