Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

Toy registry for birthday?

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 7:35 PM
  • 8 Replies

I've been getting toys from friends and family that aren't exactly what I want for my LO. Anyone else having the same problem? How do you deal with it? Do toy registries work?

by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 7:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
KEISHAJB
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 8:46 PM
4 moms liked this

I don't do toy registries, what they get is what they get. If I want them to have something, I buy it. My kids are taught to love WHATEVER someone is nice enough to buy you, because they aren't obligated to buy you anything.

Angela_Barlow
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 9:01 PM
I think they're tacky IMO
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 11:11 PM

I have never heard of someone doing this.

chrarrington18
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 12:37 AM

I dont think its appropate to tell someone what to buy your child unless they ask what they ae into. In my house you appreciate what is given because it is a added bonus they gave a gift. The main gift is showing up to your party. If any hint of being unappreciative is shown i tak said gift aay and it gets donated to charity. I dont do rude children

Dodie702
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 10:27 AM
Same for us. :)

Quoting KEISHAJB:

I don't do toy registries, what they get is what they get. If I want them to have something, I buy it. My kids are taught to love WHATEVER someone is nice enough to buy you, because they aren't obligated to buy you anything.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supermeof3
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 12:35 PM

We don't do it...if someone asks what the kids want then I'll give them a suggestion.  Othere than than, the gift giver gets to pick a gift they think the person recieving would like...it's part of the fun ;)

kavon
by Kaya on Jul. 12, 2012 at 12:47 PM

I agree with this 100%...........

Quoting KEISHAJB:

earthangel1967
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 8:56 PM

I like toyregristries and I like wish lists as long as theire are a vareity of costs of toys included from lower priced to medium to high to meet everyone's budget guidelines.

Blinksssss YVONNE

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN