Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

birthday party, day of?

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 12:44 PM
  • 9 Replies
Do you usually have your kids' birthday parties on their actual birthdays? Or just a convenient day near their birthday?

If its not their actually birthday do you do something on their birthday as well?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
earthangel1967
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 4:49 PM

For our 5 we always celebrated on a weekend close to their birthday, frequently their birthdays fell on weekdays and those arent great party days , all we did on their birthday is kisses hugs let them stay up a little later, pick the bedtime story that night maybe rent a movie and have a small treat nothing major but we'd talk excitedly about the party coming up soon or that we just had. The kids never cared. We've even celebrated a child's birthday up to a month early or late if that meant we could throw a better party and the kids didnt care about that either and neither did their guests.

Blinksssss YVONNE

Alieda
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 7:30 PM
When Jeff was little we always did his party on the weekend but he always get to say what supper was including the desert. He get us gifts from us.The rest of the gifts he get at the party.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 11:11 PM

If its during the week then I have it on the weekend

kavon
by Kaya on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:32 AM

Same here the closest weekend to the party, on her birthday we usually let her open her big gift from us and the smaller ones go on the gift table at her party.

This year I am thinking of doing a mini cake with her name similiar to the one she received at her preschool graduation,; plus I will be on vacation so I will make pancakes (her favorite) for breakfast and take her and her cousin to the park and buy pizza for lunch.

danie24
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:35 AM
We very rarely have their party on their birthday because we need to do it on a weekend becauae of family's work schedules or school, etc

But we always have a cake and present for them on their actual birthday :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anapatita7
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Quoting danie24:

We very rarely have their party on their birthday because we need to do it on a weekend becauae of family's work schedules or school, etc

But we always have a cake and present for them on their actual birthday :)

Same here. Since I'm the one who bake their cakes, i make a small one for the 4 of us and give the gifts, plus a favorite dinner/lunch .

supermeof3
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 3:01 PM

We always let them pick out a cake or treat on their bday and we sing happy birthday w/ just our family and then we have their party where we invite the rest the fam. and friends near their birthday.

Dodie702
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 3:29 PM
We do their parties on the Saturday on or closest to their b-day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angela_Barlow
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Quoting Dodie702:

We do their parties on the Saturday on or closest to their b-day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)