Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cookie monster party ideas- share your ideas too!

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 5:36 AM
  • 8 Replies

Cookie Monster Birthday Party

I'm so excited to share this cookie monster birthday party with you. I styled this party for Sebastian 1st birthday and I'm so in love with every single detail.
I went with the original cookie monster theme colors and decided to coordinate the candy buffet table, the centerpieces , and the cake table with blues and browns.
The elements from the candy buffet table consist on a variety of blues and browns candy colors.  I used big, tall and small type of jars , to give the table different high levels.   While I was looking for some party ideas, I found this cookie monster cups that I sow at HWTM Inspiration board  and  couldn't resist to make them by hot gluing half of a cookie and googly eyes to blue cups. The kids loved the favor cups!.
For the centerpieces I used square glasses from AC Moore  and filled them with chocolate chip cookie cereal.  I wrapped them around with blue stripped paper and a solid brown ribbon, to this I attached a tag label from the coordinated printable collection and added a cookie face on top of the base. Balloons were the extra touch that makes stand out this beautiful centerpiece.
Finally the cake table was stayed with all kind of cookies and the gorgeous cupcakes with its cookie monster faces and cookie fondant toppers. But of course the start of this table was the cake with its amazing details making the table look extra spacial. I definitely enjoyed styling little Sebastian 1st  birthday party.

Sebestian the Birthday Boy!
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 5:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
gacgbaker
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 5:38 AM

REAL PARTIES: Cookie Monster Birthday

Me want cookies! And you will too after checking out this adorable Cookie Monster-themed Real Party thatStephanie Stach created for her son Alex’s 3rd birthday.

From adorable cups, party hats, and cupcakes inspired by our favorite sugar-loving monster to cookie-jar favors and giant cookies on sticks, this party is loaded with tons of sweet & super creative details!

Read on for all the details, as told by Stephanie…

“I saw the adorable cookie monster cupcakes on HWTM, and immediately knew that it would be the perfect theme for our son Alex’s third birthday.  It was so much fun to use the inspiration board as a starting point and build a party around it.

To make things easier to coordinate, I chose to go with many different shades of blue… it isn’t that easy to find the perfect cookie-monster blue!  I made blue pom-poms from Martha’s tutorial to hang over the buffet, found acookie monster pinata at the local Party City, and even found bright blue spider-mums at the local farmer’s market.

To add a little extra fun, I put the mums in a vase filled with Cookie-Krisp Cereal, and wrapped it in blue striped scrapbook paper.

I made cookie monster party hats that the kids loved by embellishing a basic blue hat with a felt mouth, googly eyes and a pom-pom and fuzzy boa (inspired found here).

For drinks, I made the Cooking Monster cups from the HWTM inspiration board by hot gluing cookies and googly eyes to blue paper cups.

The food was all chosen to resemble cookies… we had round cinnamon toast topped with cream cheese and bananas, sausage biscuits, blueberry scones, and mini pizzas on the main buffet; and a separate cookie buffet with oatmeal sandwich cookies, M&M cookies, chocolate crinkle cookies, triple chocolate cookies, and chocolate chip cookies on a stick.

The highlight was still the Cookie Monster cupcakes, which my local bakery, Sweet N’ Sinful, did a fabulous job of replicating.

For a craft activity, the kids each made a Cookie Monster paper bag puppet out of bright blue bags and white and black construction paper that I precut for them.  The bags were perfect for taking home their loot from the pinata.

For party favors, each child got a cookie jar filled with an assortment of cookies.

I found the jars at the dollar store, and embellished them with scrapbook paper, a pom-pom, and a tag that said “Alex’s Birthday was brought to you today by the letter A and the number 3.  Thanks for Celebrating with Us!

It was a great party. Thanks so much for the inspiration!”

gacgbaker
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 5:39 AM

Cookie Monster party: Troy is 1!

Posted under party featuressesame street by Heather

Today’s party feature is a Cookie Monster party that is totally, 100% homemade. Crafty mama Kelcie created this charming party for her son, Troy, and has some really inventive DIY ideas to share!

Cookie Monster’s footprints show the way to the party. (And who wouldn’t follow a sign that means “cookies this way”?) ; ) Kelcie says, “I made most of the paper projects with my Silhouette Cameo, such as the take a cake labels, clock pieces, foot prints, etc.”

The cake stand was made from an old chandelier – so clever! Kelcie took the wires out and spray painted it aqua, then glued serving plates on with 9001 glue.

The Cookie Monster of top of the cake was made from Rice Krispy Treats. Toothpicks were used to hold the eyes, head, and arms in place. Once the basic shape came together, Kelcie covered it with frosting and added a Cookie Crisp cookie as the final touch.

Samoa cakes in a jar – yum! Each jar lid was personalized with Troy’s initial and decorated with ribbon (glued on using Mod Podge), and the Samoa cake recipe was Kelcie’s own invention. She says, “I used butter chocolate fudge cake mix and baked it in a pan. After the cake cooled, I used a 6 ounce baby food jar to cut circles out of the cake. Inside of each jar, I placed one layer of cake, Smuckers caramel ice cream topping, a layer of toasted coconut, then another layer of the cake, buttercream icing, and another drizzle of caramel topping. Then I topped it all off with a half of a Samoa cookie.”

Kelcie made gift bags in blue, with Cookie Monster faces, and brown, with “chocolate chip” polka dots. The tag inscription is the sweetest thing: Cookie Monster once said, “Sometimes me think what is love, and then me think love is what last chocolate cookie is for. Me give up the last chocolate cookie for you.”

Thank you so much for sharing, Kelcie! Happy birthday to Troy!

Dodie702
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Very cute!! Love all the Cookie Monster parties!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Dodie702
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Not My Party. :)

Cookie Monster Birthday Party

Tommy Turned 1!!! ... so of course I had to make a big deal of his FIRST birthday! :)
(See Whitney's 1st birthday party HERE)
The theme was "Cookie Monster" so here is the invite I sent out:
Here is the background/treat table that I made. It was fun to create, but everything I did took a lot longer than I thought it would, haha! Those tissue poms were a beast at first, but fun & easy once I got it down. I thought they made it feel really festive.

The decorations going counterclockwise:
**The balloons chandelier in the middle of streamers was so super simple, but had a big effect... I'll definitely be doing that again!
**The cookie monster hat was very time consuming so I only made one for Tommy & then put the fuzzies on the other hats. I'm so glad I didn't take the time cuz the little babies didn't want to wear them anyway!
**The silverwear wraps were fun to create. The tiny cookie on them is cookie crisp cereal
**The cups were made by googly eyes+ 1/2 a cookie glued on. They were so stinkin' cute & I thought it was funny cuz everyone at the party threw away their plates, napkins, etc., but no one threw away their cups... maybe they just thought they were too cute to throw away?!
** You'll really have to zoom to see the lollipops, but I made a really cute label for each of them.
** Then there is the birthday boy's chair
** Bubbles on the treat table were just to give to all the kids as they left since that is one of Tommy's favorite*The Food: We just had a bunch of subs from subway, fruit & cheese platter, & chips for dinner to make that part easy, but then I had to make these adorable treats (left to right):
**Cookie Monster Ice cream cake. It had ice cream sandwiches around the outside, oreo crust, & layers of white & blue ice cream that were cookie dough & mint.
**I got my entire idea for the party from the cupcake with the cookie coming out of the mouth. I thought it would be so fun, but I think he looked kind of gross, haha! I much preferred the simpler ones, plus they were way easier to make!
I wanted to give something to all of the adults as a favor so each family got a baby jar full of candy. The twist of course is that it had facts about Tommy on the label :)You'll probably have to click on the picture to read all the fun info :)

CAKE TIME!
Okay, well maybe not. Tommy hated everyone singing to him & started crying! I really thought it would be fun to do a cookie monster party because they whole point of a 1st birthday is to have the ceremonial 1st cake eating & I thought it would be so much fun to have blue & brown all over his cute little face. WELL, he licked the frosting & was done with it! We finally game him some blue jello and that mixed with the frosting made a little bit of a mess. Here he is after about 5-10 minutes.
GAME TIME: I had everyone watch a 5 minute slide show of Tommy's 1st year in order and then had them play this game. They had to put all of Tommy's cute little smiles in order from month 0-12. Most did pretty awful, including Vic, but Jimmy, a friend's husband only mixed 2 up! Then Katie, my sister did 2nd best, followed by his babysitter.

PRESENT TIME! I thought I was so clever making a simple blue bag/wrapping paper into a cookie monster face!
He really just wanted to jump all over the boxes, but I didn't want to bore his crowd so I felt bad forcing him to open them & rush from one present to the next! It will be fun on Christmas to take our time a little more :)

It distressed him that all the little kids wanted to take away all of his new toys so I thought it was time to roll out our main gift to him... a bounce house! He LOVED it! Here Jayda is falling on him, but he just thought everything about this was hilarious & fun :)

Here he is with all of his presents (trying to run out of the picture!) We're missing his big cookie monster & bounce house, plus it's hard to see some books, but for the most part here they all are. He came out pretty good & really balanced between useful & fun stuff.
Here is all of the CUTE PARTY KIDS! It was pretty much impossible to get them all in the picture & looking so this is the closest I got!
A picture of most everyone before it was all a giant mess later!! It was hard to decide who to invite cuz I didn't want it to be so big I didn't have time to play with Tommy at his own party nor did I want big kids running him over, but I thought it turned out perfect :) :) :)
momofsixangels
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 11:53 AM

These ideas are just too cute! I love them all.

Alieda
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2012 at 6:38 PM
What a wonderful party you put on give your self a pat on the back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mysterzone
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 7:55 PM

thank you so much for all the awesome ideas ,cant wait t o get started on this !

earthangel1967
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 11:06 PM

awwww so cute

Blinksssss YVONNE

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)