Construction Birthday Party Ideas- do you have any to add?
CAUTION Party Zone! Can We Party? Yes, We Can!
Construction Themed Party Invitations
- Fill in the details Bob the Builder Party Invitations or Handy Manny Party Supplies or just pick a generic construction theme invitation.
- Cut construction papers in the shapes of construction tools; saw, wrench, hammer, construction hat, or nails. Don’t forget to give the construction site (location).
Construction Themed Party Decorations
Road Crew Cutouts- barriers, road work ahead signs and orange cones
Black, orange and yellow balloons
Trucks and bulldozers scattered on the party table
Use a black tablecover with yellow steamers to create this fun look from http://dimpleprints.blogspot.com. Make your table look like a road and then park some trucks on the road way.
Construction Party Dress Up
- Ask your guests to come dressed the part- overalls, jeans, flannels, boots, etc.
- Give each child a construction vest – great dress up party favor too!
- Give each child a construction hat- also a great party favor each child can take home with them at the end of the party.
Construction Party Activities
- Pull out your Lego’s or building blocks and let the children build.
- Set out gray or brown colored play dough and lots of play trucks and truck and cookie cutters for the children to play with.
- Construction Photo Prop- fun activity for the kids and they make great photos that are perfect to include in your thank yous!
- Set up an obstacle course with field cones.
- Weather permitting, if you have a sandbox then add some trucks and you have yourself a great activity for the party.
- Foreman Says- Simon Says
- Pin the bucket on the backhoe game or pin the hard hat on the construction worker – use the internet to get the images you need
- Construction version of Hot Potato- Hot Tool
- Don’t drop the dynamite (water balloon toss)- Write the word “DYNAMITE” on the balloons with permanent marker
Construction Birthday Party Food Ideas
- Red Fruit Punch with Dynamite Rocks (pop rock candies). The pop rocks make the drink pop and crackle!
- Cement Milk shakes – make vanilla milk shakes and then add enough drops of black food coloring to make the shake look gray in color.
- Popcorn Boulders- popcorn balls rolled in brown chocolate splinkles
- Logs (Pretzel sticks)
- Construction Cones: bugle chips
- Truck Tires: Chocolate donuts
- Dirt cake- layer chocolate cake pieces and chocolate pudding and then top with the dirt (crushed Oreo). Worms are optional.