Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Construction Birthday Party Ideas- do you have any to add?

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 6:21 AM
  • 6 Replies

Construction Birthday Party Ideas

July 12, 2012 at 10:06 am  11 comments

CAUTION Party Zone!  Can We Party? Yes, We Can!

Construction Themed Party Invitations

• Cut construction papers in the shapes of construction tools; saw, wrench, hammer, construction hat, or nails. Don’t forget to give the construction site (location).

Construction Themed Party Decorations

Caution Party Tape

Construction Signs

Road Crew Cutouts- barriers, road work ahead signs and orange cones

Black, orange and yellow balloons

Trucks and bulldozers scattered on the party table

Use a black tablecover with yellow steamers to create this fun look from http://dimpleprints.blogspot.com.  Make your table look like a road and then park some trucks on the road way.

Construction Party Dress Up

• Ask your guests to come dressed the part- overalls, jeans, flannels, boots, etc.
  • Give each child a construction vest – great dress up party favor too!
  • Give each child a construction hat- also a great party favor each child can take home with them at the end of the party.

Construction Party Activities 

• Pull out your Lego’s or building blocks and  let the children build.
  • Set out gray or brown colored play dough and lots of play trucks and truck and cookie cutters for the children to play with.
  • Construction Photo Prop- fun activity for the kids and they make great photos that are perfect to include in your thank yous!
  • Set up an obstacle course with field cones.
  • Weather permitting, if you have a sandbox then add some trucks and you have yourself a great activity for the party.
  • Foreman Says- Simon Says
  • Pin the bucket on the backhoe game or pin the hard hat on the construction worker – use the internet to get the images you need
  • Construction version of Hot Potato- Hot Tool
  • Don’t drop the dynamite (water balloon toss)- Write the word “DYNAMITE” on the balloons with permanent marker

Construction Birthday Party Food Ideas

• Red Fruit Punch with Dynamite Rocks (pop rock candies).  The pop rocks make the drink pop and crackle!
  • Cement Milk shakes – make vanilla milk shakes and then add enough drops of black food coloring to make the shake look gray in color.
  • Popcorn Boulders- popcorn balls rolled in brown chocolate splinkles
  • Logs (Pretzel sticks)
  • Construction Cones: bugle chips
  • Truck Tires: Chocolate donuts
  • Dirt cake- layer chocolate cake pieces and chocolate pudding and then top with the dirt (crushed Oreo). Worms are optional.

Construction Party Favors

by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 6:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Angela_Barlow
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 9:11 AM
My oldest had a construction party for his 5th bday. Instead if cake I dud dirt and mud in the back if a tonka truck. Pudding and Oreo cookies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mammabear413
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 12:10 PM
For table settings put little trucks oin the middle my mom got oragnre foam stuff made cones and then felt and made roads and put it under the trucks and ballons in the middle.... Ill have to find pictures.. U can get a small kiddie plastic pool fill with beans stealing thismidea from another mom from here put trucks in it. Have blocks they can biuld since its contrustion
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Wish my son was younger! But I have a grandson here soon so this is a cute idea for when he is older

Dodie702
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 6:36 PM
Very cute theme! I love the ideas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
earthangel1967
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:29 PM

great ideas

Blinksssss YVONNE

chrarrington18
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 9:59 PM
Cute theme and ideas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)