Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How To Make A Cupcake Flower Bouquet

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:27 PM
  • 6 Replies

No more flower deliveries when you can create cupcake bouquet that is fun to give bouquet when celebrating your girlfriends birthday, mothers day, arrival of a new baby or even to deliver to your child at school on their special day.

52 Kitchen Adventures shares her step by step how to instructions you can begin delivering your own cupcake bouquets.

You’ll need: cupcakes, frosting, a disposable piping bag or a reusable piping bag, Wilton 1M tip (or a similar open star tip), green tissue paper, clear tape, flower pot, styrofoam ball, and toothpicks. All of these things are available online or at craft stores such as Michael’s (that’s where I found the adorable polka dot flower pot

Bake cupcakes and make buttercream frosting. To pipe a cupcake rose, fit a piping bag with a 1M tip and fill with room temperature frosting. To pipe a rose, hold the piping bag perpendicular to the surface and start in the center of the cupcake. Gently squeeze the bag and pipe frosting around in a spiral until you reach the outer edge, then let go.

Place cupcakes in fridge while you prepare the styrofoam so the frosting becomes firm.Place styrofoam ball into flower pot. Place two toothpicks in each area where you want a cupcake. Note: around the sides, insert toothpicks at 45° angle, otherwise cupcakes will fall off after a while.Slide a cupcake onto each pair of toothpicks, adjusting toothpicks as needed to place cupcakes close together. Cover as much of the styrofoam as you can. (My styrofoam ball had a 5″ diameter and fit 10 cupcakes.)Cut green tissue paper into small strips.Fold strips into accordions Pinch the bottom of the accordion foldPlace a piece of clear tape at the pinched part of the tissue paper and stick it to the exposed styrofoam in between the cupcakes. Make more tissue paper “leaves” until you cover all the uncovered areas.And you’re done! Bring your cupcake bouquet to your next birthday party, baby shower, Mother’s Day, bridal shower…the possibilities are endless!

For great PICTURE STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS CLICK ON LINK FOR MORE DETAILS

http://www.52kitchenadventures.com/2012/04/29/how-to-make-a-cupcake-bouquet/

Blinksssss YVONNE

by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
chrarrington18
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 9:55 PM
Awesome. I might try this for a baby shower I am going too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kavon
by Kaya on Jul. 30, 2012 at 7:38 AM

Very nice for a garden party too.....

momofsixangels
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 2:40 PM

This is soooo cute!!!

Dodie702
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 3:13 PM
Now that's cute!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
earthangel1967
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 4:34 PM

YAY I'm glad you ladies liked it too, I thought it was so cute when I saw it and thought of this group right away. : D

Blinksssss YVONNE

vlillie
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 4:44 AM

Thanks...love this tutorial! When browsing the internet on the MANY ways to make bouquets, its quite daunting! I recently started making them and do it in a similar way except I incorporate real foliage. I have attached a photo here but have a look at my facebook page for inspiration, ideas and would love to hear what you think!

www.facebook.com/thehiddenkitchenct

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)