Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Emilys 2nd bday party help :) PIOG

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 1:38 PM
  • 12 Replies

Hi ladies! Ive been thinking of a game plan! lol. Since SO doesnt want to do a party, im trying to come up with things thatll make it easier and not so expensive. here are what i came up with...

we have a HUGE yard we can do it at, wed have to make sure its ok with the landlords if we use it since they live on the property too and may have plans, or we can go to a splash park. Even a regular park.

Fill up a buttload of water balloons :) and take them.

for food, just buy some pizzas. NO mess :)  Maybe hotdogs. 

for party favors im thinking of just putting a few pieces of candy,fruit chews, a little bottle of bubbles, a pencil and stickers (something like that)

i also like those cups with the crazy straws that wrap around the cup. I can buy one for each kid (theyre $1)

i probably wont be filling the pinata with candy. (we spent about $60 on candy for DSs party in march :( and id rather not spend that much on candy) the candy they get will be in the favor bags.

i was thinking of making cupcakes and some marshmallow pops. :)

does this sound good? lol. the theme will be Dora. She loves spongebob and Dora, so maybe half and half? i dont know. 

give me your ideas :)

thanks!

by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chrarrington18
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 4:16 PM
Those sound like very good ideas. All your games can be water based especilly if done in the yard. I hope its ok with the landlords.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jess821
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 4:40 PM
Yeah I was thinking water balloons and water guns.
No need for a moonwalk lol

We've had two parties for ds and they've never minded. :)

Quoting chrarrington18:

Those sound like very good ideas. All your games can be water based especilly if done in the yard. I hope its ok with the landlords.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
earthangel1967
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this

great ideas and all affordable ones too, keep us updated and dont forget to take pictures to share!

YVONNE

earthangel1967
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Spongebob activities/games

BLOW BUBBLES -can get cheap bubbles from $1 store and they can be part of the fun activities at the party and if theres any left can be taken home as an additional party favor and Spongebob loves bubbles.

Sponge Toss Birthday Party Game

Ball toss games are perfect for a birthday party, and sponge toss games are perfect for a SpongeBob birthday party. If the weather cooperates, line up buckets outdoors. Give the kids clean wet sponges that will be used instead of balls. Have them take turns seeing who can throw their wet sponge into the buckets one by one. Whoever makes it into the furthest bucket is the winner of this fun and exciting SpongeBob game.

AND/OR they can throw wet sponges at eachother even my teens loved doing this, its fun and less messy for pickup than waterbaloons tiny pieces and the kids cant choke on them either. also cheap for whole packages full of sponges at $1 store

YVONNE

momofsixangels
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Sounds great! I think water fun would be perfect and I would mix in spongebob and dora

supermeof3
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Sounds great, simple and fun :)  Good luck Momma!  I hope your landlord is on board!

Jess821
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 1:56 AM
I'm thinking of mixing both Dora and spongebob but I'm not too sure how :/

Quoting momofsixangels:

Sounds great! I think water fun would be perfect and I would mix in spongebob and dora

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jess821
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 1:57 AM
They really don't care if we use the yard. It's huge too. I just ask before to make sure they dont have plans of their own :)
&thanks!

Quoting supermeof3:

Sounds great, simple and fun :)  Good luck Momma!  I hope your landlord is on board!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supermeof3
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 8:38 AM

Well then, YAY!!!!! :D  

Quoting Jess821:

They really don't care if we use the yard. It's huge too. I just ask before to make sure they dont have plans of their own :)
&thanks!

Quoting supermeof3:

aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Aug. 15, 2012 at 1:58 PM

cute i think ill use these ideas for my sons party

Quoting earthangel1967:

Spongebob activities/games

BLOW BUBBLES -can get cheap bubbles from $1 store and they can be part of the fun activities at the party and if theres any left can be taken home as an additional party favor and Spongebob loves bubbles.

Sponge Toss Birthday Party Game

Ball toss games are perfect for a birthday party, and sponge toss games are perfect for a SpongeBob birthday party. If the weather cooperates, line up buckets outdoors. Give the kids clean wet sponges that will be used instead of balls. Have them take turns seeing who can throw their wet sponge into the buckets one by one. Whoever makes it into the furthest bucket is the winner of this fun and exciting SpongeBob game.

AND/OR they can throw wet sponges at eachother even my teens loved doing this, its fun and less messy for pickup than waterbaloons tiny pieces and the kids cant choke on them either. also cheap for whole packages full of sponges at $1 store

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)