Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

Wedding disasters

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:18 PM
  • 6 Replies

Anything go wrong at your wedding?

Part of our wedding cake fell.The lady that was setting everything up fixed it and didnt want me to know.Our pastor was very sick.My dh was late.

by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
campingmomof4
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM

My mother in law gave me issues.  But I just ignore her. 

hannahsmom238
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 7:40 PM
I got married at my parents house and my dad picked up the cake from bakery put it on the dining room table and when I went in to look at it my mom's dog was licking it. You couldn't really tell though so I didn't tell the guests and served it anyway.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
earthangel1967
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:32 PM

We had some things go wrong but I stop short of calling them disasters, NOTHING was going to ruin that day and nothing did, it was awesome despite the hiccups in the plans and they just add to the memories and the stories now. : )

1. I insisted on making and decorating my own cake (I had done countless others just fine over the decades) but of course the night before the wedding this one's bottom and middle tier crumbled to pieces only leaving the tiny top layer, I burst into tears but my girls told me to just go to sleep and they would make the top tier really prettty and it would be just a little cutting cake for photo opps and it worked out fine.

2. We got married at a mini castle that is open to the public and we set up our little altar and we put our wedding rings and things on the altar and then we went down a path and over a bridge over the river to start our ceremony that would lead us up the path to the altar as a group and we noticed strangers going up to the altar and picking up our rings and looking at them! They thoought our wedding was a drama like live theatre or something so we had to send one teen son out of the ceremony to go watch over our things until we got to that part. haha

YVONNE

supermeof3
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Nothing major, our photographer was a pain in the rear though....DH and I had it timed out that we would have time to ride alone in the limo in between the wedding and reception and also planned on visiting his grandfather since he was to ill to make it to the wedding.  Well, the photographer told us that his camera wasn't working during our photos and we had to retake a bunch of the "posed" photos...there went our alone time.  We did still manage to stop and see his Grandfather, which was really nice!   The photographer kept pulling us away from the reception and was really annoying all evening :(  ....but that was the only thing that went awry!

mandyjh
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 8:37 PM
We lost the daddy daughter dance music, Luckly we found it pretty quickly, my mom was super sick, but I had no idea! Bless her heart <3 that's about it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dodie702
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Nothing thankfully.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)