Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

What would you do?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 10:25 PM
  • 10 Replies
My dd's party is in 3 weeks. . . I have been calling my family to make sure there are no food allergies that I am not aware of. Well my sister calls me, and i told her what i was doing, she asked me what I was serving, i told her
fried chicken
spaghetti
green salad w/ the works
bread sticks or rolls
fruit tray
chips
drinks . . . . And before I could finish she interrupts with a nasty attitude. . . WHAT ARE MY KIDS GONNA EAT?
I say Your kids eat everything on the menu.
MELODY DOESN'T EAT TOMATO PRODUCTS OR SALAD!
(And yes, she is yelling!)
I say, she eats fried chicken, she eats fruit, chips, and if you would've let me finish you would know that there will be regular hot dogs as well as turkey dogs. . .
MY KIDS DON'T EAT THEM!
(they do)
THEY ONLY EAT BURGERS AND PIZZA.
I say, I've seen them eat hot dogs, so why are you being difficult?
I ONLY LET THEM EAT ALL NATURAL HOT DOGS, WHAT KIND ARE YOU BUYING?
I am buying regular farmer john hot dogs and probably jennie o turkey dogs.
(And yes, she still yanking loud and with an attitude. If she was in my face, I'd be trying my best not to slap her.)
Well, if you're not going to have anything for them to eat, I'll keep them home!
(which is fine with me, but dd will be heartbroken if they don't show up) so I say, i'll give you what i would be spending and you can pay the extra if you want all natural? She hangs up on me. . . . . I mean, what did she expect? She does this every time! What would you do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 10:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofsixangels
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 10:55 PM

She was very rude to you

chrarrington18
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 11:30 PM
Keisha, that was way rude of her and I would not go out of my way to buy food and she don't show up. You were very nice about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KEISHAJB
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 11:32 PM
She was, and if you were that worried about what they would eat, you would make some suggestions, or offer to make something. Ugh! She irritates me to death!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KEISHAJB
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 11:36 PM
I really wanted to give her a reality check, but I've been working hard on not allowing ppl to make me act out of character. . .

Quoting chrarrington18:

Keisha, that was way rude of her and I would not go out of my way to buy food and she don't show up. You were very nice about it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dodie702
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 12:57 AM
I've never checked with the guests about what I serve. Your a lot nicer then me. I would just stick to your menu and the kids can eat what you make.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KEISHAJB
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 1:13 AM
I have a cousin who can't have strawberries or anything they touch. I was just making sure no one else did too. . . I already knew about my niece and tomatoes. But, i just talked to my mama she said she was going to bring the kids, and give my sister a piece of her mind when she returned from her trip. . . She's just jealous, that's all! Oh well.

Quoting Dodie702:

I've never checked with the guests about what I serve. Your a lot nicer then me. I would just stick to your menu and the kids can eat what you make.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrarrington18
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 8:06 PM
Girl with family like that who needs enemies. You good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KEISHAJB
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 9:29 PM
Lol. Yeah. She gets mad because her kids want parties like my kids, but she doesn't want to put forth the time and effort, because she has the money. Just too into herself to take the time. Smh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diapersnob
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 12:02 AM
My kids have a lot of allergies, but I would never expect anyone to accommodate them. I bring their own food or feed them beforehand. Too bad some people are so uppity.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KEISHAJB
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 12:33 AM
I don't have a problem making accommodating kids who really have food allergies. I do have a problem with ppl making up stuff, just to be difficult.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)