Easter makes me think of fun Easter egg hunts, bunnies, lambs, chicks, and Easter baskets filled with eggs, chocolate bunnies, jelly beans, and pastels. The sky is the limit when it comes to fun and creative snack ideas for Easter. I decided to whip up cute little Easter basket cookies. These fun and simple cookies will be a sure hit with your little bunnies!!
1. Cut the shoestring licorice into eight equal sized pieces for eight basket handle pieces. Set aside.
2. Gently cut the top of the cookies off. I found that a gentle sawing motion worked well.
3. Dab a small amount of frosting onto one of the cut off top pieces. Then “glue” the cut off piece to the bottom of the cookie basket portion with frosting, so the cookie sits upright on top of frosting.
4. Insert the ends of the licorice piece in between the sandwich cookies as shown to create the Easter basket handles.
5. Spread frosting on top of the cookie between the straw ends. Gently sprinkle coloful candies on top of frosting for the “eggs” in the basket.