Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

I am doing a tea cup party for my dd. I have not been able to find any child size tea cups that they sell in bulk/wholesale. Does anyone know where I might be able to find some? Also I am trying to keep under 60 for 17 sets of cups and saucers. Thank you.

* edit* ok so I found this oce onlince, let me know what youll think also I think they are regular sized:

by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 1:33 PM
Replies (21-25):
vicky88
by Member on Sep. 5, 2012 at 2:25 PM
That is so true. I am just confused because I already purchased the tea pots and they are ceramic. So I dont know if that would look good.

Quoting earthangel1967:

Quoting vicky88:

Now am debating on getting ceramic or plastic. I found some really cute plastic tea cups for cheap online and go with my dd's bday colors, but I really want to do ceramic. I dont know what I should do.

Quoting earthangel1967:

awwww all those sets the ladies found are so cute, have you decided what you are going to get? : )

Just my humble opinion but if you found some affordable plastic ones that you like a lot and they match so well I personally would go for those over ceramic, bc ceramic ESPECIALLY WITH KIDS tea parties can break and you dont have to worry about that with the plastic and then if you get plastic they can play with them much more easily and much more often after the party too.  (I understand there are some pros to ceramic too -we had lots of teaparties for my 5 kids when they were growng up and we had both kinds)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
earthangel1967
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Quoting vicky88:

That is so true. I am just confused because I already purchased the tea pots and they are ceramic. So I dont know if that would look good.

Quoting earthangel1967:

Quoting vicky88:

Now am debating on getting ceramic or plastic. I found some really cute plastic tea cups for cheap online and go with my dd's bday colors, but I really want to do ceramic. I dont know what I should do.

Quoting earthangel1967:

awwww all those sets the ladies found are so cute, have you decided what you are going to get? : )

Just my humble opinion but if you found some affordable plastic ones that you like a lot and they match so well I personally would go for those over ceramic, bc ceramic ESPECIALLY WITH KIDS tea parties can break and you dont have to worry about that with the plastic and then if you get plastic they can play with them much more easily and much more often after the party too.  (I understand there are some pros to ceramic too -we had lots of teaparties for my 5 kids when they were growng up and we had both kinds)

I think it will look fine either way

SciFi and Fantasy Art Girl Reading - Animated by Priscila S. Santa Rosa YVONNE

anapatita7
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 7:15 AM
My dd was 5, ill post ghe pics later so you can have an idea of what i did. For food, finger food works great, mini sandwich in flower shape (cheese, jelly), cheese cubes, delli meat rolled, pig in a blanket, mini.cupcakes, mini cookies(the more fancy ones you can buy the box), apple juice for the "tea", you can make lemonade and buy those sugar cubes for them to sweetner(sp??), just add some sugar before otherwise they'll use all the cubes, lol! i had a bunch of crochet placemats i got from my mom ln my wedding a had never used them so i did for the party, you can use big doillies. before.the.kids sat down to eat, i took them to a room, gave the girls the hats they were decorating inicially and was drying, necless, rings, and for the boys i found a paper type of vest also i had asked moms to put a white shirt on the boys if possible to match the vest. For decor i hung a loooot of helium balloons with a long stream curled up, gives a nice effect. Since i had put walls in my basement for the party and had not finished windows, etc i didnt do more, but you can hang artificial flowers around the windows, or tulle, use a pale pink table cloth or flowered ones...thats what i remember now. Ill search for the pics and post later. hth!!

Quoting vicky88:

Thats what I have been doing. How old was your dd? Do you have any ideas for decoration, games, food? I bought two ceramic tea pots. I think ceramic tea cups would go better, what do you think?

Quoting anapatita7:

When i did my dd's tea party i kept going to good around the time they put things out and.got 2 sets of.6 really cheap even fot the boys i got the plain white ones. I like the ones u found, but if you wants ceramic and have time keep looking at goodwill. The ones i.bought served as favors too.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vicky88
by Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 11:01 AM
Everything sounds sooo cute! Please post pictures whenever you have time.

Quoting anapatita7:

My dd was 5, ill post ghe pics later so you can have an idea of what i did. For food, finger food works great, mini sandwich in flower shape (cheese, jelly), cheese cubes, delli meat rolled, pig in a blanket, mini.cupcakes, mini cookies(the more fancy ones you can buy the box), apple juice for the "tea", you can make lemonade and buy those sugar cubes for them to sweetner(sp??), just add some sugar before otherwise they'll use all the cubes, lol! i had a bunch of crochet placemats i got from my mom ln my wedding a had never used them so i did for the party, you can use big doillies. before.the.kids sat down to eat, i took them to a room, gave the girls the hats they were decorating inicially and was drying, necless, rings, and for the boys i found a paper type of vest also i had asked moms to put a white shirt on the boys if possible to match the vest. For decor i hung a loooot of helium balloons with a long stream curled up, gives a nice effect. Since i had put walls in my basement for the party and had not finished windows, etc i didnt do more, but you can hang artificial flowers around the windows, or tulle, use a pale pink table cloth or flowered ones...thats what i remember now. Ill search for the pics and post later. hth!!

Quoting vicky88:

Thats what I have been doing. How old was your dd? Do you have any ideas for decoration, games, food? I bought two ceramic tea pots. I think ceramic tea cups would go better, what do you think?

Quoting anapatita7:

When i did my dd's tea party i kept going to good around the time they put things out and.got 2 sets of.6 really cheap even fot the boys i got the plain white ones. I like the ones u found, but if you wants ceramic and have time keep looking at goodwill. The ones i.bought served as favors too.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
earthangel1967
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 2:54 PM

awwww they are so cute the kids will love them, good job

SciFi and Fantasy Art Girl Reading - Animated by Priscila S. Santa Rosa YVONNE

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN