Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Brave party

Posted by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 11:45 AM
  • 8 Replies
Has anyone been to or done a brave party? Dd is wanting one so looking for a few ideas. Thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
momofsixangels
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Brave Party Food Ideas 

In addition to pizza, chicken fingers, hamburgers or hotdogs, you can add some Brave themed food into the mix. Here are some suggestions.
  • Throw a medieval feast! Serve drinks in goblets.

• Bake archery target sugar cookies! Start by making our sugar cookie recipe or buying refrigerated sugar cookie dough. Let the dough soften to room temperature and separate the dough into three parts. Mix red food coloring into one portion, blue to the second, and leave the third uncolored. Roll the red dough into a long log shape. Roll the blue dough flat with a rolling pin and wrap the blue dough around the red roll completely. Do the same with the uncolored dough to for the outermost layer. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 2-3 hours until firm. Slice off 3/8 inch slices of the cookie log and position evenly on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake as directed and enjoy!

• Serve some of the treats seen in the Brave movie. Scones, shortbread and jam, Scottish sweet buns, and Linzer Heart Cookies are some great examples. If you're planning on serving lunch or dinner, you can try traditional Scottish foods like Haggis (you can substitute regular sausage for this and call it Haggis), Mince and tatties (ground beef and mashed potatoes), and cider.

• Bake bear claw cookies from chocolate cookie dough. Add almond slivers to make claws!

Party Favor Ideas

Brave Party Favors 

Princess Merida is a strongheaded Disney princess who knows what she wants. Give your guests what they want with some of our great Brave favor ideas:
  • Teddy bears and stuffed animals.

• Silly straws

• Brave toys and dolls

• Toy bow and arrows
Dodie702
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Brave Party Supplies

Throw an epic birthday party with Princess Merida and all her movie friends. Brave is a wonderfully unique spin on a classic princess tale. This movie is a celebration of a young woman's independence and makes for an exciting party theme.

Based on the Disney/Pixar movie ‘Brave', our colorful Brave Party Supplies feature the spunky archer Merida and her pals on themed paper plates, napkins, cups, and party kits.

Disney Brave Party for 8 Disney Brave Square Dinner PlatesDisney Brave 16 oz. Plastic CupDisney Brave Lunch Napkins

Brave Party Activities

For a party activity set up an archery competition just like Merida used to carve her own path in life. Take this printable archery target to a printing company and then set it up outside at your party. Since the arrows have suction cups on the ends, you might want to laminate your target.

Get this bow and arrow set and let the competition begin.

Another activity option is a rainbow pinata

Send the kids on a scavenger hunt. Here is a link to a free printable scavenger hunt. Consider changing some of the items to objects more closely related to the Brave movie. For example: a stuffed bear, something red (for Merida's hair), a rock, a horse figurine, etc.

Brave Party Foods

Add some free Brave printable cupcake wrappers to your Brave themed party.

This is a great idea from Disney Family. Make Cookie Bear Claws:

Make rainbow pudding...

http://partyallready.wordpress.com/2012/06/28/disney-pixar-brave-party/

momofsixangels
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Brave party supplies (found via party supply stores) are available with a green, blue and purple color scheme, so you could also use these colors for items such as such as balloons, streamers and paper party goods. You can combine these with some of the following decorating ideas:
  • Dress the party table with Celtic-designed tablecloths.
  • A gazebo or tent can also be draped with Celtic fabrics and signs featuring Scottish crests.
  • A camping tent, whose top has been covered with greenery, can replicate the witch’s cottage.
  • Place a cauldron inside where party guests can pretend to make their own spells. If your tent is large enough, a fun idea is to have an adult dress like the old witch and serve punch from the cauldron inside the tent.
  • Cut large blocks of styrofoam or cardboard into the shapes of the boulders that form the stone circle. Paint the structures with grey paint and use black paint to enhance with Celtic “carvings.” Arrange them in a circle (stake them in the ground) to form your very own circle of stones.
  • Table settings: Serve food from cast iron pots, wooden bowls and pottery. Serve drinks from goblets.

Dodie702
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 12:15 PM

You are here: Home / Birthday Cakes & Treats / Cupcakes / Disney Brave Cupcakes with FREE Printable Wrappers

Disney Brave Cupcakes with FREE Printable Wrappers

May 16, 2012 by
Filed under Cupcakes

Looking for some cupcake ideas to go along with your Disney Brave Party? If so you can stop looking because you just found a great one right here. Best part is I am going to show you how to create these Disney Brave Cupcakes step by step and it is not hard at all.

Last week when I was posting about the Disney Brave Party Supplies I started thinking about some cupcake ideas to go along with this party theme. Being Merida the main character in the movie is an archer I knew it had to include some arrows and a bullseye target.

Once I had the idea in my head I had to think how to make it easy to do so that anyone can pull it off and I think I did that. These turned out to not be hard to create at all and trust me when I say anyone can do it. Maybe my idea will even give you some inspiration and you can change it up.

Either way I think they came out pretty cool and I am excited to share with you how it is done. Oh and the cupcake wrappers I made are FREE for printing - BONUS !!

Here is what I used to create these Disney Brave Cupcakes:

For the Cupcakes:

For the Bullseye Cookies:

Blend together Butter and Sugar. Then add in Vanilla. Slowly mix in Flour until mixture forms a crumbly ball that holds together when you knead it.

For the Arrows:

• Round Toothpicks
  • White Paper
  • Glue Stick
  • X-Acto Knife
  • Black Gum Drops

To create your cupcakes simply bake them of course and let them cool.

Next color your frosting green for the grass., then fill your Decorating bag with your frosting and have your grass tip on. Then frost your cupcakes creating the look of grass on top - easy right?

Once that is done you can let it set up a bit and then take your FREE Printable Disney Brave Cupcake Wrapper and wrap it around your cupcake securing it with tape.

So far so easy - now set them aside and lets work on the Bullseye Cookies...

First let me say there are many ways you can create Bullseye Cookies, but I chose a way that was simple and easy to do to make it easy for anyone.

Roll out your Cookie Dough and cut your cookies using the 2 1/2″ Cookie Cutter. Bake your cookies at 350 for about 10 minutes or until lightly brown and let cool.

For the white icing I mixed together Confectioners Sugar, Milk and Clear Vanilla. I iced the tops of my cookies and let them set until that hardened.

Once the icing was set I painted on my Bullseye using a paint brush and Food Coloring Gels in Black, Blue and Red mixed with a tiny bit of water. Then I let them sit and dry awhile.

Now lets create the Arrows....

For the Arrows I used plain copy paper and cut with my X-Acto Knife, as shown in the photos above, the feathers for the end.

Then I just rolled the end of my toothpick on a Glue Stick and stuck my feathers to it, easy enough right?

Next I cut up a Black Gumdrop to create a triangle for the tip of the arrow and just stuck the toothpick end into it and an Arrow was born.

I made 2 Arrows for each of my cupcakes.

Now it was time for the Assembly...

Assembly is my favorite part !!

For the Bullseye Cookie I stuck a toothpick in it so it would stand up when I placed it in the cupcake.

Then I pushed the toothpick throw the arrow tip a tiny bit and stuck one on the cupcake and one in the Bullseye Cookie, not to suggest Merida would miss her target, but it looked cool.

That is it !!! Told ya it was EASY.

and there you have it - Disney Brave Cupcakes !! Perfect for your Disney Brave Party and the kids will think so too.

I want to thank my step sister Elissa for helping me with the frosting of the cupcakes. She was here visiting me when I made these and was a great help when it came to that.

If you create these cupcakes send me a picture - I would love to see them !!

Check out the Disney Brave Party Supplies

momofsixangels
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Brave Party Games

• archery contest
  • wisp search - hide some blue wisps (can be candy, gems...) and have the kids search them around
  • Pinata - bear pinata will be great
Dodie702
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Brave party ideas

Planning & Invitations

What Do I Need For a Brave Party?

In addition to basic Brave party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins, and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Disney Brave party:

Brave Party Invitation Ideas

Pressed for time but still want a personalized touch? Try our Brave invitations, which can be printed to include your child's name and all of the party details!

For a unique touch, you can make your own Brave party invitations. This can be a fun activity to get you and your child excited for your Brave party! Here are some Brave invitation ideas for your upcoming Brave party:

• Attach a card-style invitation to a personalized Brave favor such as a bag tag or zipper pull.

• Include Brave stickers or Brave tattoos with your invitations. Seal the envelopes with a personalized Brave sticker printed with your party information or special message.
  • Create a card-style invitation using Celtic knot designs on a green background. Write your party details in a gold, flowing script.

• Take a picture of your child shooting a toy bow and arrow and upload the image to your computer. Use photo software to add the message, "Aiming to have you at my Brave party!" Write your party details on the back of the invite.

• Let your guests know if you would like them to dress up like their favorite character from the Brave movie.

• Use creative writing in your Brave Invitations. Use the invitation wording below for inspiration:

We're throwing a Brave party and it's our aim
    To invite you to join us for cake and party games!
    We hope you're feeling adventurous
    For a party with a Brave princess!

Brave InvitationsDisney Princess InvitationsBrave Invitations

Decorating & Food Ideas

Brave Party Decoration IdeasBrave Party Supplies
The right decorations can make all the difference at your Disney Brave party! Whether you would like to use a Disney princess theme or opt for party decorations that embrace the Scottish setting of Brave, you'll find great Brave decoration ideas below:
  • Create a castle or rainy countryside using craft paper. Cut out the shapes of large boulders or the columns from Stonehenge from gray craft paper and hang it on the walls. You can also cut out a castle and hang it on the wall. Set your table to look like a medieval court!

• Buy, rent or borrow archery targets to place around the party area. You can also cut circles out of craft paper to make your own decorations. Hang your craft paper targets on the wall or attach them to sand bags.

• Hang Brave banners, posters, and stills from the Brave movie around your party area.

• Group sets of green, gold and purple balloons around the party area. Include a few Brave balloons for a touch of fun in your Brave decorations!

Brave Party Food Ideas

In addition to pizza, chicken fingers, hamburgers or hotdogs, you can add some Brave themed food into the mix. Here are some suggestions.
  • Throw a medieval feast! Serve drinks in goblets.

• Bake archery target sugar cookies! Start by making our sugar cookie recipe or buying refrigerated sugar cookie dough. Let the dough soften to room temperature and separate the dough into three parts. Mix red food coloring into one portion, blue to the second, and leave the third uncolored. Roll the red dough into a long log shape. Roll the blue dough flat with a rolling pin and wrap the blue dough around the red roll completely. Do the same with the uncolored dough to for the outermost layer. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 2-3 hours until firm. Slice off 3/8 inch slices of the cookie log and position evenly on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake as directed and enjoy!

• Serve some of the treats seen in the Brave movie. Scones, shortbread and jam, Scottish sweet buns, and Linzer Heart Cookies are some great examples. If you're planning on serving lunch or dinner, you can try traditional Scottish foods like Haggis (you can substitute regular sausage for this and call it Haggis), Mince and tatties (ground beef and mashed potatoes), and cider.

• Bake bear claw cookies from chocolate cookie dough. Add almond slivers to make claws!

Party Favor Ideas

Brave Party Favors

Princess Merida is a strongheaded Disney princess who knows what she wants. Give your guests what they want with some of our great Brave favor ideas:
  • Teddy bears and stuffed animals.

• Silly straws

• Brave toys and dolls

• Toy bow and arrows

To keep things easy, check out our complete Disney Princess favor sets or Brave favor sets.

Party Planning Toolbox

Use the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts!!
  • Brave Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.

• Brave Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!

• Party Planning 101: Our useful party planning guide includes cake ideas, party etiquette tips, a printable guest list, and much more.

• Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!

• Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.

The Brave name and all related characters and elements are the property of Disney. This guide is not affiliated with or endorsed by Disney.

Games and Activities

Brave Target Toss

Shoot true like Princess Merida with our Disney Brave party game!

Hunt for Blue Wisps

Follow the blue wisps to your Disney Brave cake!

Brave Musical Bears

Play with the bears from Disney's Brave in our take on musical chairs!

Pin the Tail on Angus

Pin the tail on Angus in our Disney's Brave party game.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
earthangel1967
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 2:12 PM

oh wow great ideas everyone!

SciFi and Fantasy Art Girl Reading - Animated by Priscila S. Santa Rosa YVONNE

kavon
by Kaya on Sep. 5, 2012 at 7:13 AM

Yep, I love the cupcakes and the free cupcake wrappers

Quoting earthangel1967:

oh wow great ideas everyone!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)