Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

Miniature gumball machines

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 10:13 PM
  • 6 Replies

Gumball Machine Party Favors

Miniature Gumball Machines

These gumball machine party favors are easy to make and useful. Painted, upside-down terra-cotta pots make up the base of the machine and round glass jars were glued on top of the pots. The top part is a removable lid so guests can later use the machine as a cookie jar or other storage container. To complete the look, Kara Allen painted and glued wooden doll stands to look like machine dispensers. Stick with the party's theme while giving something practical for a perfect party favor.

by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
22CUTEMOM
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 10:29 AM
Im so glad you posted this? I want to make these for my daughters candyland themed birthday party in January. Where do you suggest finding the pots and lids? I am having thr hardest time.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Not sure.Maybe Michaels or Joanns.Maybe you can use the bottom part of a terra cotta pot(the saucer)

chrarrington18
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 1:34 PM

those would be a cool addition to any candy party or even Chloe's lalloopsy party too.

supermeof3
by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 8:34 AM

Those are super cute!!!!   A.C Moore probably has them too

momofsixangels
by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 8:37 AM

Wish we still had an a.c. moore.My Mom loved going there

TinaDarby
by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 9:56 AM
I made these 10 years ago with a classroom full of 3rd graders. The pot and suaces I got at home depot, everything else from Michael's. For a prettier top use the fluted fish bowls. For the dispenser part I used half wooden flower pots you can buy in the wooden craft department in micheal's !
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)