Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

Easy Ghost Party Favors Made From Recycled Single Serving Milk Bottles

Posted by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 8:27 AM
  • 3 Replies

How to:
Set aside suitable single serving milk bottles. Make sure you wash them out really well; old milk smells really bad. I got these bottles at Chick-Fil-A. If you don’t eat at that restaurant, ask all your friends to save them for you or find a similar bottle elsewhere. Depending on your needs, you may want to start collecting well in advance. (I’ve been known to save all year or longer for projects.)

Paint on the faces with black acrylic paint and let dry. Alternatively this might be an activity for guests at your Halloween party. Even young children can do this simple craft. Make a few in advance to set out as examples. I accidentally discovered that if you paint the face and let it dry a little but not all the way, you can use your brush to slide around the paint to make even scarier faces.

Print out ghostly messages on your computer, cut into strips and glue to the bottom of each bottle (See photo.) Write “Find a trick or treat inside. Maybe both”. Or write ” No trick, there is a treat inside!”
For fun, you may want to surprise your guests with a “trick” inside. Take a strip of paper and fold it accordion style with the word “Boo!” at the end. Glue the other end to the inside of the bottle cap. Children will find it when they open their bottle.

Fill these Halloween themed party favors with gummy worms or other treats.

by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 8:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
chrarrington18
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 11:30 AM

awwwww those are cute! great favors and decorations

Dodie702
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:21 PM
Awww! Cute!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
earthangel1967
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 2:49 PM

cute

SciFi and Fantasy Art Girl Reading - Animated by Priscila S. Santa Rosa YVONNE

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)