Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Creating Party Printables In Photoshop

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 12:02 AM
  • 14 Replies

Does anyone know how to create their own printables for their birthday parties using Photoshop?  I have bought them before off of etsy but am trying to learn how to create my own.

any advise?

by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 12:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Supervane
by Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 12:05 AM
I always buy them to. I dint know enough about editing to make my own.

Someone told me it was copy right infringement to sell licensed images. I dint know enough about it to say yes out it's or no it's not
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newmomof1won
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 12:33 AM

what i am looking to do is to use & create non-copyright items.  so for example, i don't mean like making dr. seuss printables.  i mean like, lets say that we're going to do a pink and red themed birthday party for my daughter, how do i create the:

water bottle labels

digital cupcake toppers

digital bunting flag

digital straw tags

digital food labels, etc.

does any know?

Quoting Supervane:

Someone told me it was copy right infringement to sell licensed images. I dint know enough about it to say yes out it's or no it's not

Dodie702
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 12:36 AM
Sorry I'm no help. I've never used photo shop.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Supervane
by Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 12:40 AM
Can you just buy the templates and then edit them?

Maybe someone here will be able to answer my copyright Q. Because otherwise I'll feel guilty for buying those images

Quoting newmomof1won:

what i am looking to do is to use & create non-copyright items.  so for example, i don't mean like making dr. seuss printables.  i mean like, lets say that we're going to do a pink and red themed birthday party for my daughter, how do i create the:

water bottle labels

digital cupcake toppers

digital bunting flag

digital straw tags

does any know?

Quoting Supervane:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrarrington18
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 8:52 AM
Sorry hit here is a hump cause I am clueless myself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kavon
by Kaya on Sep. 20, 2012 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I usually do all my stuff in powerpoint, it is easy for me to use and produces the results I want. I don't create the clipart images - I just use images I find on the internet or sometimes buy images from www.mygrafico.com. shapes form the basic of almost everything so I use them to create the look I want, I did these for my dd to put on the cups, they could have been used for cupcake toppers as well I found all the clipart on line and just did the circles and color etc

I had tried to make my princess ( everything created from shapes the crown and bows are edited images from the internet though) but my sister laughed at her so i'll be practicing more on trying to figure out making my own clipart 

momofsixangels
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 3:41 PM

Never used it

earthangel1967
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 4:31 PM

I didnt have a computer etc when my 5 kids were growing up having their parties, I would have went really nuts with stuff like that! lol

I have never used photo shop though so no help here.

SciFi and Fantasy Art Girl Reading - Animated by Priscila S. Santa Rosa YVONNE

newmomof1won
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 4:45 PM

If you use copyrighted images like dr. seuss or hello kitty or what have you, those are all licensed images and one of my girlfriends bought some disney princess images i think (dont quote me on that) but it was some character that like that and she had bought the images to create some items to sell & THEY TRACKED HER DOWN TO SUE HER.  Yep!

here's the difference:

licensed images: mickey mouse, dora, dr. seuss, etc.

non-licensed(themes): baseball, golf, pink and white, primary colors, teddy bear party theme.  do you get what I'm saying?

Quoting Supervane:

Maybe someone here will be able to answer my copyright Q. Because otherwise I'll feel guilty for buying those images

Quoting newmomof1won:

water bottle labels

digital cupcake toppers

digital bunting flag

digital straw tags

does any know?

Quoting Supervane:

Supervane
by Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 5:35 PM
That's scarry

Quoting newmomof1won:

If you use copyrighted images like dr. seuss or hello kitty or what have you, those are all licensed images and one of my girlfriends bought some disney princess images i think (dont quote me on that) but it was some character that like that and she had bought the images to create some items to sell & THEY TRACKED HER DOWN TO SUE HER.  Yep!

here's the difference:

licensed images: mickey mouse, dora, dr. seuss, etc.

non-licensed(themes): baseball, golf, pink and white, primary colors, teddy bear party theme.  do you get what I'm saying?

Quoting Supervane:

Quoting newmomof1won:

water bottle labels

digital cupcake toppers

digital bunting flag

digital straw tags

does any know?

Quoting Supervane:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)