Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

I hate sticking to a Budget.... BUT

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 12:08 AM
  • 9 Replies

My dog set off our home alarm and now we are being " cited" and owe a $300 Fee...for it being a "false alarm"  That's due in 3 weeks... My son's birthday party will be on October 27th and now I will only have $300ish to throw him an awesome Dinosaur party o_O...

GRRRRRR

Any ideas? Tips?

by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 12:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
chrarrington18
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 12:25 AM

What kind of dino party ideas are you looking for. DOes he want real looking dinos or the cute play looking ones?

momofsixangels
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 12:51 AM

You can use the platic dinosaurs to decorate a cake saving money

KEISHAJB
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 1:10 AM
I can't believe they charged you that much! But I know you can do it. Did you ever make pinatas in school? Balloons. Paste. newspaper. tissue paper? I would make dinosaur eggs and put the stuff you would've put in a treat bag in there. Solid colors like Green and orange usually go well with dino themes, how many ppl are you expecting? How many kids?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dodie702
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 1:13 AM
That's crazy! You could have the kids dig for bones in sand. They would have a ton of fun with it. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kavon
by Kaya on Sep. 23, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Love this idea....

Quoting KEISHAJB:

I can't believe they charged you that much! But I know you can do it. Did you ever make pinatas in school? Balloons. Paste. newspaper. tissue paper? I would make dinosaur eggs and put the stuff you would've put in a treat bag in there. Solid colors like Green and orange usually go well with dino themes, how many ppl are you expecting? How many kids?

kavon
by Kaya on Sep. 23, 2012 at 11:27 AM

how to plan a dinosaur birthday party

by Melissa of Table for Two and a Half

Decorating my son’s nursery before he was born was potentially the one — and only! — thing that kept me sane. Too nauseous to eat? I’ll just browse Etsy instead. Round ligament pain that could make a grown man cry? Where did I put that Mod Podge? It was therapeutic and inspiring. 

The only thing better than spending 48 hours debating the perfect fabric for a pillow he’ll never use? Being able to look the little bugger in the eye and plan his birthday party.

My Little Man turns 2 in a few weeks (hold me), and he has declared that he wants a dinosaur party. Who am I to object? Especially when so many creative parents and event planners have delivered some inspiration and made my fear of pulling this off extinct.

1. Yes, I’m starting with food (you’ll quickly learn this is how I operate). With a sister-in-law who is a pastry chef, I have this strange need to churn out a cake that is just a few steps up from the Betty Crocker box. And this adorable little dinosaur cake seems actually doable.

2. Some restaurants require advance ordering for their gourmet molten lava cakes, but these actually sound much simpler, plus how can you deny the unexpected but oh-so-on theme tie-in!?

3. I’ve taken to labeling all foods at parties I throw since,  a) I know I’m a tad adventurous and don’t want to turn off anyone with an unexpected mouthful and, b) it’s another fun thing to create. Herbivore, omnivore and carnivore signs over salads, casseroles and burgers bring standard foods to a new level.

4. One kiddo stomping around the house yelling “Roar!” is pretty cute. A stampede of T-Rexes sporting brightly colored tails cutting through the kitchen? Priceless.

5. I’m a firm believer in party favors, and while I love giving out non-food goodies (especially for kids who I’m sure have enough sugar in their system), it’s hard to not love the easiness of this option. Plus, how gorgeous is that bag?

6. Dinosaurs automatically conjure up a scheme of greens, tans and maybe blue, but why can’t little cave gals get in on the fun? This sweet party set has all the expected dino power with a bit of girlie sass.

kavon
by Kaya on Sep. 23, 2012 at 11:36 AM

This Dino party looks awesome....

Having A Dinosaur Themed Party On A Tight Budget Is Very Possible

When you are trying to have a fabulous birthday party for your child, it can be hard to do this on a very tight budget. This is why you should think about ways of saving money by using thecomputer. Even a fantastic dinosaur party can be had on a small budget if you act correctly. Here we will talk more about this.

The first thing to do is to look out for deals and discounts. If you are planning more than a few months in advance, you can look at a handful ofstores that sell birthday party supplies. You can see if they have upcoming sales or if they are going to be having a clearance sale soon. This is going to help you save money on many different things for the dinosaur party.

Another thing to do is to look for ways to save on shipping. For instance, if you want to get some baking cups from one website but balloons from another, why not try to get both from the same place? This will reduce the price you pay for shipping the items because you are going to just pay once instead of twice.

The third thing to do is to think about what you can make on your own. If you are going to get some cupcake wrappers that have princesses on them for a princess party, this is a good thing to buy because you cannot really make such things on your own. If you wanted to buy a green table cloth with dinosaurs on it, however, you may find that it is more fun to just buy a cheap white one and draw dinosaurs on it yourself with the kids!

The ideal way to plan your child’s party, whether it is a dinosaur party or a princess party, is to take your time and think of the bare minimum of things that you need. You can create your own dinosaur invitations, for example, and avoid buying them. You may not be able to make your own cookie cutters, which is why they may be a good thing to purchase.

Having a themed party on a tight budget is not the easiest thing in the world, but it can be done. Your children can help you to make decorations and to decorate the cake and cupcakes. This is the best thing to do so that you can buy the things you really need, like cupcake wrappers and other such things.

There are a lot of ways to get the best dinosaur party supplies. You can find the baking cups that match the theme perfectly!

kavon
by Kaya on Sep. 23, 2012 at 11:45 AM
psychobilly_mom
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Thank you so much ladies for all the great ideas! We are going for the "silhouette" Dinosaur theme...but fun colors not too realistic

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN