Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

Did she just challenge me?

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 4:06 PM
  • 17 Replies
So, my cheap skate sister and I just had a debate about birthday parties. She's saying that I can't plan a party and actually spend more than1000. It's not possible. I can show her better than I can tell her. I have to cover all the bases, the venue, the cake, decor, goody bags, entertainment, gifts and whatever else I choose. I have 24 hrs to tell her my budget and which kid I am doing the party for. I picked Willow because she expects nothing but the best, and I could spend that much with my eyes closed. My question is, What should my maximum amount be? In Ca. to have a princess make an appearance for an hr is anywhere from 200-300. Plus reserving park space can get pricey, up to 250 depending on the park and how big the space is. I'm thinking I should say 2500. But Idk. If hubby gets involved in the planning it could get ridiculous! Lol. What's a fair budget for a fabulous princess party?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 4:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chrarrington18
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 6:49 PM
I say go with 2500 and if you go over then it will just put her in her place more. Every pro.cede needs a fab princess party. Hell the venue, princess appearance and a facepainter alone can bring you to 1000. You haven't even gotten I.to her decor, gifts, food, and outfit. I know you got this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KEISHAJB
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 7:28 PM
as her outfit he wants to buy her aBelle dress, since her favorite color is yellow. Those can run you 50-75 depending on where you get them.

Quoting chrarrington18:

I say go with 2500 and if you go over then it will just put her in her place more. Every pro.cede needs a fab princess party. Hell the venue, princess appearance and a facepainter alone can bring you to 1000. You haven't even gotten I.to her decor, gifts, food, and outfit. I know you got this.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KEISHAJB
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 7:29 PM
But I'm thinking I can pull it off for 2000. LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diapersnob
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 8:57 PM
Is the goal to spend as much as possible within reason? Sounds like fun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KEISHAJB
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 9:06 PM
Sorta. I said a cheap party for of would be like 400-500. She asked me how much I usually spend and I said the most I ever spent was like 2000. She said it's not possible. I told her it's very possible and I can prove it. . . So I'm saving all my recipts and I'm going to show her. I might even get a jumper. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diapersnob
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 9:10 PM
Have you ever seen the costumes at wishcraft? They are amazing and may boost your budget. Lol. Here's the website. They also have clothes, party dresses, and party supplies.

http://www.chasing-fireflies.com
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KEISHAJB
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 9:23 PM
Lol. i'm going to check it out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diapersnob
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 9:23 PM
I also buy cotton candy from tasty clouds.com. So much less mess and no time off my schedule.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KEISHAJB
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 9:28 PM
They have a store out here that sells it in individual bags, but I'm always willing to try new things. She loves popcorn so if I could find kettle corn like that, that would be great.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diapersnob
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 11:06 PM
Tastyclouds is in LA somewhere, can't remember, and I believe they have kettle corn too. But if you have a store closer, that's awesome.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN