Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays
You have 30-40 kids coming to your party. . . how much are you willing to spend on goody bags?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 6:34 PM
Replies (21-28):
kavon
by Kaya on Sep. 24, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Quoting KEISHAJB:

what was in those bags?

Quoting kavon:

For my dd' princess and knight party this year the total cost spent on the favors was approx. TTD2,400/USD$375 for 24 kids which worked out to approx TTD100.00/USD16.00 per kid.

Boys favors for use at the party that they got to go home with.

Girls favors to play at the party and to go home with( they also got Plastic beaded necklaces which I forgot to add in the description).

The boys favor boxes had a dragon, six mini knights, knight tattoos, colouring books and some snacks; the girls Got a princess canvas tote that we glammed up with faux jewel studs filled with heart shaped plastic sunglasses, princess tattoos, mini Disney princess story books that came with stickers, colouring books, paper Princess dolls and snacks; the adults and older kids got mini chocolate bags (the chocolates weren't included in the costing above).

iansusie
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Oh and I want to say I spend less than $3 per kid but that is probably because I hate to admit it is more. I got 2 pack squinkies for last party, coloring book, chalk, bubbles, silly string, pencils, eraser I think that was it. no reuseable bag that go around. For my 5 yr I hand made and painted hot air balloons from paper mache, I put a small pack of marshmellows a couple of pieces of candy, then I handed them stickers, a small shower gel (different characters). Each kid got either a car/toy but I only had about 6 kids (I invited 12 but only 6 showed up) besides my 2 and my niece.  They had a blast and they LOVED their party favor, they all have it in their rooms hanging from the ceiling.

psychobilly_mom
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Yes.. $3 per bag ;D

baquick
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 10:17 PM
I go to the dollar store for mine lol. I usually will put some assorted candy, a couple penciles, party themed stickers, a cheap race car (this year the theme was Cars 2). Sometimes a little notepad, bubbles, a bouncy ball and noise maker. Idk how much I spend per bag but I spent around $30 -$40 for 24 bags last time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EvilQueenMommy
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 9:59 AM

I do a few dollars per kid, but with that many, I'd probably just do a pinata with candy and small prizes

chrarrington18
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 11:31 AM
Did you see the link to toys r us
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KEISHAJB
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 5:31 PM
yeah. i'm Mobile, i'm going to check it tonight.

Quoting chrarrington18:

Did you see the link to toys r us

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
earthangel1967
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 5:58 PM

I'd never have a party with that many kids. I always told my kids to only invite the kids they are the closest to, their favorite friends and by keeping the number more reasonable, I explained to them, the money goes further in allowing me to spoil every single one of them a LOT LOT more than if we had a ton of kids. They loved that and were always happier to keep the number down. That way I could go all out on party bags and everything else too

SciFi and Fantasy Art Girl Reading - Animated by Priscila S. Santa Rosa YVONNE

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)