Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays
You have 30-40 kids coming to your party. . . how much are you willing to spend on goody bags?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 6:34 PM
Replies (11-20):
yayay15
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 10:51 PM
For our halloween party I spent $30 on 50 color your own tote bags and that is their goody bag. I got some vampire teeth and tattoos also. We have about that many kids coming.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yayay15
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 10:53 PM
For my dd's party I bought 12 Hawaiian tote bags and put a beach ball and a few other things in it. The bags were $11 for $12 of them. Everyone loved them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diapersnob
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 11:01 PM
My son's/nanny's Batz Maru/Hello Kitty rock and roll party was the most overboard I have gone on goody bags for guests. I used paper gift bags with removable handles (party city). I took the handles off the girl bags and replaced them with pink glittery necklaces (party city) so they would be more like purses. So those were about $4 just for the bag. All the kids got inflatable guitars and microphones ($5 on amazon) and a Ty Batz Maru or Hello Kitty ($7 on amazon), personalized Sierra mist bottles ($1), sunglasses, a Batz Maru or HK accessory (Sanrio $6), silly straw, colored pencils and color books, stickers, nail polish (girls), pink black and yellow playdough, feather boas (girls, amazon, $9). So those were hella expensive. I did give gift bags at my 40th party this summer and they cost $200 each, but they were all Liz Claiborne totes with Liz sunglasses and some other good stuff. The last few kid parties I have been toying with goodie buffets and I would estimate they still come out to $20 per kid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KEISHAJB
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 12:09 AM
what was in those bags?

Quoting kavon:

For my dd' princess and knight party this year the total cost spent on the favors was approx. TTD2,400/USD$375 for 24 kids which worked out to approx TTD100.00/USD16.00 per kid.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KEISHAJB
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 1:51 AM
Do you order them online? How many come in the pack?I wanna see if I can find them.

Quoting chrarrington18:

I get them toys are us. It's the packs that have more then one in them so its less money but more toys,lol.

Quoting KEISHAJB:

i'm thinking about getting the Reusable kind while it's halloween and they're usually cheap. Otherwise I may order some from OT. Where do you find the action figures?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrarrington18
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 12:33 PM
I would Thu.k you can. I haven't though I go j.to the store cause I cheat. Whole I'm there I make sure to go doubles so my son will have all the figures each kid gets. Lol but I am sure you can.

Quoting KEISHAJB:

Do you order them online? How many come in the pack?I wanna see if I can find them.

Quoting chrarrington18:

I get them toys are us. It's the packs that have more then one in them so its less money but more toys,lol.

Quoting KEISHAJB:

i'm thinking about getting the Reusable kind while it's halloween and they're usually cheap. Otherwise I may order some from OT. Where do you find the action figures?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dodie702
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 12:49 PM
I'd spend $30.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 7:10 PM

$5 each

chrarrington18
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 8:51 PM

http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=10817117&view=all

this is what i found online. Mainly I get super heros but there are someother choices their too.

iansusie
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 9:03 PM

Darn, and I was not invited to either party, you meanie, LOL! :P

Quoting diapersnob:

My son's/nanny's Batz Maru/Hello Kitty rock and roll party was the most overboard I have gone on goody bags for guests. I used paper gift bags with removable handles (party city). I took the handles off the girl bags and replaced them with pink glittery necklaces (party city) so they would be more like purses. So those were about $4 just for the bag. All the kids got inflatable guitars and microphones ($5 on amazon) and a Ty Batz Maru or Hello Kitty ($7 on amazon), personalized Sierra mist bottles ($1), sunglasses, a Batz Maru or HK accessory (Sanrio $6), silly straw, colored pencils and color books, stickers, nail polish (girls), pink black and yellow playdough, feather boas (girls, amazon, $9). So those were hella expensive. I did give gift bags at my 40th party this summer and they cost $200 each, but they were all Liz Claiborne totes with Liz sunglasses and some other good stuff. The last few kid parties I have been toying with goodie buffets and I would estimate they still come out to $20 per kid.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN