Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays
Anyone Christmas shopping yet?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 2:40 PM
Replies (11-17):
momofsixangels
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 8:18 AM

No. But I love going to walmart and seeing the trees up.Makes me want to decorate

mom_of_twingirl
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 8:22 AM
yes i have. i cant wait.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HisUsmcWifey
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 9:37 AM

yes I have a few things. We're really cutting back this year since Gianna seemed so overwhelmed last year. She had 55 gifts to open and it took her more than an hour to open everything and by that point she was grumpy and in an awful mood! She's getting two big ticket items plus some for her birthday so Christmas is going to be sort of small. I'm thinking no more than 20 gifts? So far I have 4 blu rays for her disney collection, 4 Barbies(one holiday 2012 barbie and some others) two big lalaloopsy doll sets, some lalaloopsy mini's and some journals that I had made for her. She's also getting some stompeez, some more Barbies, some polly pocket items, and lots of Lego friends since they are her favorite right now.

chrarrington18
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 9:52 AM

that all sounds great ladies.

chrarrington18
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Quoting HisUsmcWifey:

yes I have a few things. We're really cutting back this year since Gianna seemed so overwhelmed last year. She had 55 gifts to open and it took her more than an hour to open everything and by that point she was grumpy and in an awful mood! She's getting two big ticket items plus some for her birthday so Christmas is going to be sort of small. I'm thinking no more than 20 gifts? So far I have 4 blu rays for her disney collection, 4 Barbies(one holiday 2012 barbie and some others) two big lalaloopsy doll sets, some lalaloopsy mini's and some journals that I had made for her. She's also getting some stompeez, some more Barbies, some polly pocket items, and lots of Lego friends since they are her favorite right now.

wow 50 gifts! I can see where it got over whelming for her. Maybe if she tokk a break inbetween. Like half then breakfeast then the rest.

CafeMom Tickers
HisUsmcWifey
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 10:29 AM

well we have 2 houses to go to every Christmas so we are on a tight schedule. If we had more time to relax then it wouldn't have been so bad. None the less 50+ gifts is just too much for her and I. I spent a month before christmas wrapping gifts and I was so tired I didn't really get to enjoy the day. Less is more from now on...not to mention she has an entire play room full of toys that never get touched..I don't wanna buy anything from now on unless I know she's going to play with it!

Quoting chrarrington18:

Quoting HisUsmcWifey:

wow 50 gifts! I can see where it got over whelming for her. Maybe if she tokk a break inbetween. Like half then breakfeast then the rest.

lovegrandbaby
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 2:16 PM

I think this year is going to be very slim.  Need to find a real job, and haven't been able to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN