Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

Pool party.

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:39 PM
  • 8 Replies
I want DS to have a swimming pirate party for his birthday. I want to do it in Nov, so an indoor pool would be best (IMO) in case the weather cools or it rains. Also, having it somewhere with lifeguards, insurance and all that would be ideal to me. It's $70 an hour, which is WAY cheaper than having just a pirate party without swimming anywhere near us.

DH says we should just have the party in our pool. Our pool is NOT heated, outdoors, and I'd want to hire lifeguards anyway!

WWYD?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
diapersnob
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:51 PM
Do the indoor pool. Would it be a private party or shared pool? Are there party tables? A dry place for presents and cake?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumsTheWord571
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:38 PM
It's a private rental, and tables just outside under a veranda for gifts/cake.

Quoting diapersnob:

Do the indoor pool. Would it be a private party or shared pool? Are there party tables? A dry place for presents and cake?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrarrington18
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:45 PM
Hunnnnn I would go to the indoor pool just invade of rain or a chill. I see why he says have it at yours house but we must remember men never see the bigger picture or the what if's.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kavon
by Kaya on Oct. 3, 2012 at 4:48 AM
Indoor pool sounds like a better bet for the weather, do they provide a catering option as well or will you have to transport your own food because that may be one of the issue why hubby prefer having it at home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumsTheWord571
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:51 AM
No catering, but I usually do the food myself anyway.

Quoting kavon:

Indoor pool sounds like a better bet for the weather, do they provide a catering option as well or will you have to transport your own food because that may be one of the issue why hubby prefer having it at home.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gacgbaker
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 12:05 PM

I agree, I'd do the indoor pool- has your son been to the pool you want to have it at?  I'd take him over there to check it out and explain that this is where the party is going to be, you appreciate that he wants to have it at the other pool but that it's going to be at this other place and the reasons for that.  

FabLife
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 12:07 PM
I would do indoor pool is there a aquatic center where you live?

Feeling Chatty? Join Us http://www.cafemom.com/group/117888

momofsixangels
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 6:33 PM

I would do it.It sounds like a lot of fun and I am sure a lot of parents would be happy that there is a lifeguard

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN