Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

Do you know of any kids who share a birthday with one of their parents -- or a grandparent? Or both?

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:10 AM
  • 13 Replies

Baby Beats Insane Odds to Share a Birthday With His Dad & Grandpa

Posted by Linda Sharps on October 10, 2012 

I don't know what the chances are of a baby sharing a birthday with his or her parent, but thanks to this amazing story, I now know how rare it is for three generations to be born on the exact same day: rare. Like, really rare. As in, a 0.000751 percent chance.

Despite the staggering odds, October 3 turned out to be an extra special day for the Nixons of Waymart, Pennsylvania. Little Ryan Charles Nixon was born right on his due date -- which happens to be the same birthday he shares not only with his father, but with his grandfather as well.

Three generations of sons born on the same day! Seriously, how awesome is this family's birthday parties going to be?

Ryan Nixon's grandfather Clifford Charles Nixon was born on October 3, 1961, and his son Justin Ryan Nixon was born on the same day in 1989. The entire family must have been shocked when Justin's wife Katie was given a due date of October 3, but it seemed highly unlikely that their baby would arrive as scheduled -- she actually started having contractions more than a month ago. Doctors predicted she had less than a 5 percent change of giving birth in October.

Unbelievably, Ryan was born via C-section right on time. As for the birthday serendipity, his mom couldn't be more pleased:

It was perfect. The whole pregnancy, I was hoping that it would happen. (...) I thought I wasn't going to make it to October, let alone the third.

I'm sure this has happened to other families, but it's definitely the first I've heard of it. I can only imagine how fun it will be to celebrate all three generations each year -- I'm picturing three different cakes, each with a variety of candles (Grandpa's will be the fire hazard, natch).

Do you know of any kids who share a birthday with one of their parents -- or a grandparent? Or both?

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kavon
by Kaya on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:45 PM

No, can't think of anyone I know that shares a birthday with a parent, but the posted story is very cool....

seedeefly
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:41 PM

my youngest shares a birthday with her grandpa (and great aunt twins)

my niece and hubby share the same birthday

my dad and his mom share the same birthday

me and my great grandma share the same birthday

i thnk thats all lol

KEISHAJB
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:43 PM

My niece & her father/my bil share their birthday

cierasmommy
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:52 PM
I was born on October 3rd too! I also have a nephew born on my grandmas birthday, December 26th. Also my ex father in law was born that day too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:52 PM

No.None that I know of

MrsThompson1023
by on Oct. 19, 2012 at 3:42 PM
My youngest Daughter was born on my husbands birthday, October 27th... Which is also my grandmas birthday & my cousin's birthday. lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diapersnob
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 2:48 PM
My son was born on my aunts birthday. My cousin and her daughter are one day apart. I used to babysit (years ago) for a family where the mom and daughter shared a bday. But I don't know any with 3 on the same day. That's very cool.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alieda
by Bronze Member on Oct. 21, 2012 at 1:13 AM

My sister Margie and her daughter Terry were 20 years apart to the day and her son was born on my dad's birthday.

My sister Christina and my mom were born one day apart Christina birthday was April 13 and My mom was April 12.

My mother in law and my brother share the same birthday July 17.

Jeff was born a week before our 9th annverserty.

chrarrington18
by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Me and my Son share a bday! Its this friday the 26th

tyfry7496
by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 6:54 PM
Unfortunately, my son and his father share a birthday. So not good. His father hasn't acknowledged him on their birthday in 16 years!!! And their birthday is July 4.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)