Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A VERY SPECIAL BIRTHDAY

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:12 PM
  • 9 Replies
My niece and her father share birthdays, and unfortunately he is terminally ill. he has stage 4 cancer and if he's lucky he'll make it til Halloween. They have him 2-3 months to live about a month ago. . . Well, their birthday is November 19, so this will either be the last birthday they get to celebrate together or the first she has to celebrate alone. . . However it turns out, I want my niece to enjoy herself. . . She's obsessed with mermaids and has requested an Princess Ariel party, So i will be using the table cover and banner with solid color tableware. . . Since I have no idea how many ppl will be there, I think it will most likely be about 15 kids and no more than 10 adults. I need ideas for the goody bags, and favors for adults, and some simple but cute decor ideas. THANKS.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
melbush
by Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:17 AM

hugsI'm sorry i have so many ideas but i cant remember at this time everything is just in a jumble in my brain.  your current situation has pulled hard on my hear strings.......... have u tried birthdaypartyideas.com or catchmyparty.com.  they have a lot of ideas.  i hope they both have the most magical birthday party together and if i get any ideas ill post them to you.  god bless all your family

gacgbaker
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 10:45 AM

I'm so sorry to hear about your niece and her father's illiness.  Do you think you could get him to write her a letter for her birthday?  I think something like that would be very special.  I hope this birthday is very special for her and that her father is there to celebrate with her.  

What about something like this and you can add in Arial figurines and decorations into it:

Under the Sea + Little Mermaid Party

I’m loving this UNDER THE SEA + LITTLE MERMAID BIRTHDAY PARTY submitted by Anna of Anna & Co. All the beach like party elements are just darling. And that cake- SO pretty!

Anna said- “We opted for a less commercialized Little Mermaid/Ariel party with a few hints of the classic 1989 tale. Natural colors of sea and sand were chosen to mimic salty surroundings like that of a mermaid. The natural burlap coupled with the color of the sea, starfish, sand and seahorses transported the party to the shore where the Princess of the Sea lives… in the heart of every princess loving little girl. We hope you enjoy our day ‘Under The Sea’.”

Vendors Used:
Iinvitation; paper embellishments; party styling-  Anna & Co.
Favor candy; napkins, forks & cups- Party City
Starfish- Joanne’s
Baby’s breath- Import Flowers
Water drops; beach pail buckets, tinted glass saucer for candle- Dollar Tree
Burlap/jute- Tractor Supply
Tissue paper poms- Sysco
Special thanks for filling the gap when Ana couldn’t be behind the lens- Allison Barlar Photography

Items in this party available in Kara’s Party Ideas Shop:

KEISHAJB
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 1:59 PM
Thanks ladies. I love the ideas. . . He has gotten pretty weak, but i'll ask my sister about the letter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KEISHAJB
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 4:28 PM

BUMP!

chrarrington18
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Oh man. How about for goodie bags some lip gloss, hair comb, nail polish, bady wash for the girls and for the boys pirate stuff. For the adults you can also do some body wash or chocolates. How many girls are going to be at the party? How old is your neice?

KEISHAJB
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2012 at 2:38 AM

Quoting chrarrington18:

Oh man. How about for goodie bags some lip gloss, hair comb, nail polish, bady wash for the girls and for the boys pirate stuff. For the adults you can also do some body wash or chocolates. How many girls are going to be at the party? How old is your neice?

My niece will be 6. There will be 4 girls and and about 6 boys

CafeMom Tickers
chrarrington18
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 3:18 PM

Quoting KEISHAJB:

Quoting chrarrington18:

I might have something up my sleeve for the girls..... def for your niece though. Ill message you. ;)

CafeMom Tickers
KEISHAJB
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Quoting chrarrington18:

Quoting KEISHAJB:

Quoting chrarrington18:

I might have something up my sleeve for the girls..... def for your niece though. Ill message you. ;)

ok

CafeMom Tickers
m4m4j
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)