Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need help, ideas?

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:25 PM
  • 10 Replies

DD's birthday is the day after Halloween. On her 1st birthday, I told all the kids to come wearing their costumes to make the party more fun for them, and DD was a princess and the party was themed around her costume. I haven't done this since then because I think this is a good idea to make the parties fun so I didn't want to over do it by doing it every year. So now she is turning 5 and I was all set on Cinderella: colors, cake, decor, etc. I chose Cinderella because I know that is her favorite princess, and who would want to be anything but an awesome princess for your birthday? Well, also because she is almost 5, I sat down with her and asked her what she wanted.

So, Batgirl it is.

The costume she picked out is pink and black, with isn't batgirls real colors and therefor hard to find things to go with it. Idk, I am trying to find an inexpensive way to decorate. I thought of doing all pink and black and not worry about specifics,  but I had my son's 5th at Chuck e Cheese, it was a big deal. I want to be fair and make hers a big deal as well.

Anyway, this uncreative mommy is asking if anyone has any ideas? DIY, a website? Help! Lol.

by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anniea90
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:30 PM

wait is the theme Cinderella or Batgirl?

aDayInParidise
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Quoting Anniea90:

wait is the theme Cinderella or Batgirl?

Batgirl

Anniea90
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Well one of the first things I ususally do is a banner. I almost ALWAYS make my banners because I can never find exactly what I want and it is a great way to start building the theme. 

This is a fairly easy and cute banner

from: http://socuteparties.blogspot.com/2011/07/batman-and-batgirl-sibling-birthday.html

Anniea90
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:48 PM

Something like this for the cupcakes would be easy you shrink and print out batman symbols on pink paper. and then tape it to a toothpicks for the cupcakes

aDayInParidise
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Oh I love this, it is definitely something I could do!

Quoting Anniea90:

Well one of the first things I ususally do is a banner. I almost ALWAYS make my banners because I can never find exactly what I want and it is a great way to start building the theme. 

This is a fairly easy and cute banner

from: http://socuteparties.blogspot.com/2011/07/batman-and-batgirl-sibling-birthday.html

aDayInParidise
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:55 PM

I will tell my SIL about this, she wants to do the cake. Thank you :) This is definitely a good start!

Quoting Anniea90:

Something like this for the cupcakes would be easy you shrink and print out batman symbols on pink paper. and then tape it to a toothpicks for the cupcakes

Anniea90
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:00 PM

I do not buy a lot of commercial decorations with the characters all over them because they can get WAY expensive. Pick the colors. For batgirl I have seen black and pink, and black, pink, and yellow. And decorate with those. Plenty of table clothes... those add a lot of color. and If you hang one one the way and decoarte it with black bats it can be used for photos. Plain colored plates.

I usually use clear plastic wear. That way if we have extra,  no matter what the next party is, because its clear it will match. 

If I really want the character plates then I buy those as cake plates. 

Anniea90
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:03 PM

last idea. fans. They are fairly cheap and reuseable. you can mix pink and black and even tape bat symbol to the middle of them. 

16 in fans are 1.99 a piece. or the smaller ones come in a 5 pack for 1.99. I like to mix the big and smalls. 

Pink Paper Fan Decoration 16in

Bright Pink Hanging Fans 6in 5ct

aDayInParidise
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Thank you for all the ideas, this helps a lot and I will use all of them! I wanted to be sure I could do all that I possibly could on a low budget, I really want her to have a flashy party because of what I did for DS 5th birthday.

Quoting Anniea90:

last idea. fans. They are fairly cheap and reuseable. you can mix pink and black and even tape bat symbol to the middle of them. 

16 in fans are 1.99 a piece. or the smaller ones come in a 5 pack for 1.99. I like to mix the big and smalls. 

Anniea90
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:28 PM

:D I understand. I do it every yr. You cant spend an arm and a leg you want it to look nice. Glad these helped 

Quoting aDayInParidise:

Thank you for all the ideas, this helps a lot and I will use all of them! I wanted to be sure I could do all that I possibly could on a low budget, I really want her to have a flashy party because of what I did for DS 5th birthday.

Quoting Anniea90:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)