Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

LeftOver party

Posted by on Oct. 19, 2012 at 12:56 PM
  • 3 Replies
1 mom liked this

I do Thanksgiving for just my side of the family (my husbands side goes elsewhere that day).

So - I was thinking of having a sort of Open-house party the day after thanksgiving.  For anyone of his relatives that want to come and for our neighbors on our street - and call it a BRING YOUR LEFTOVERS and LET'S CELEBRATE kinda thing.

i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of a cute poem for the invites or any fun themed games for the party itself.  (If my guesstimate is correct it should be about 20ish people).

by on Oct. 19, 2012 at 12:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
HiDi
by on Oct. 19, 2012 at 10:41 PM

What a marvelous,caring event! Poetry is not my forte;nor, theme games;but, for adults what 'bout Charades? Your  all time 'after dinner' game!pumpkin pie

momofsixangels
by on Oct. 19, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Sounds like a wonderful idea!

diapersnob
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 2:34 PM
You could have a turkey trot/race for kids. We have done reindeer races where you have one person sit on a skate board and one person is the reIndeer. Take a strand or two of battery lights and the person on the skateboard holds on to either end while the cord extends out, goes around the reindeers waist and back to the hand of the passenger. Then you race. It's fun! You can bob for apples, play apples to apples, play mad libs, or have a wii good time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)