Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

Elmo 1st Birthday!!!

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:21 PM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this
Miss. Brantlee turns 1 april 26th. Her party will be the 28th of april. We are in Alabama so it will be outside. We are renting a elmo moonbounce. there will be 8-10 kids ranging from 9 years to 10 months. There will be about 20- 30 adults. I am going to do a bubble station, the moon bounce maybe a duck pond and we will have a sandbox and swingset. I am making her smash cake, a elmo cake and cookie monster cup cakes. dh wants to grill burgers and hot dogs. I am looking for food ideas. Do I need more activites? Any ideas greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:00 AM

I've seen a fruit tray like Elmo http://pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=Elmo+fruit+tray

Pin the nose on Elmo? Lol 

This is a fun theme!

LisaRaygbor
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Hello dear,

You can even consider making Sesame Street cake pops. Here is a link that you can refer for recipe. http://mybirthdaysupply.wordpress.com/2013/01/04/sesame-street-cake-pop-ideas/. Have some finger food as well for the little ones. Elmo’s favorite pizza is also a good option. If you are having a small party of an hour or so, these party games would be sufficient. You might consider creating a play area using stuff toys and brain games for small kids. For the elder ones, games such as pass the hot cookie or find Elmo’s friends are sure to keep the kids busy. Have a coloring activity where the kids can color their favorite Sesame Street character and later, give away the coloring books and crayons as party favors. Here are some more links for your reference :

http://www.squidoo.com/sesame-street-party-table-centerpiece-ideas

http://www.mybirthdaysupplies.com/elmo-birthday-party-ideas.php

Have fun organizing your birthday.

silence68shh
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:53 PM

speaking from experience (dd turned 1 in august under this alabama sun lol) those activities are probably enough. most will want to stay in the bounce most of the time anyway :)  Miss Brantlee will probably tire quickly if there is to much to do or to much going on 

kayelynnesmommy
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:19 PM
Thanks, that was my thoughts. The day Brantlee was born was like day 20 or so in a 85° heat wave. the older kids all usually come up with thier own things to get into and I am all for free play. Now just to hope it isnt raining or a freak cool snap the week of her birthday.

Quoting silence68shh:

speaking from experience (dd turned 1 in august under this alabama sun lol) those activities are probably enough. most will want to stay in the bounce most of the time anyway :)  Miss Brantlee will probably tire quickly if there is to much to do or to much going on 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
silence68shh
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:38 PM

My sons birthday is April 18th so I know exactly what you mean. his first birthday was elmo too :)

Quoting kayelynnesmommy:

Thanks, that was my thoughts. The day Brantlee was born was like day 20 or so in a 85° heat wave. the older kids all usually come up with thier own things to get into and I am all for free play. Now just to hope it isnt raining or a freak cool snap the week of her birthday.

Quoting silence68shh:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN