Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

(slightly urgent) Planning party for 1/06

Posted by on Dec. 27, 2007 at 1:12 AM
  • 2 Replies
I need help!  I have about 10 days to plan dd's 2nd b'day party. 
What I know-Party Info:
Harley will be 2 on Jan 6
Party on Jan 6 probably at 2:00 pm
More than likely at home

I need help with:
games?
food?
how many guests?

She likes:
Music and dancing
Dora (we'll probably do a Dora theme)
Disney Princesses

God Bless,

Rachel

by on Dec. 27, 2007 at 1:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
turtle_lover
by on Dec. 27, 2007 at 8:48 AM
First ....that's an awesome name! If my ex would have listened to me, my daughter would have been named Harley! lol OK, on to ideas.
I would do the Dora theme. Since she's going to be 2 I wouldn't invite too many people. She might get overwhelmed. Maybe 3-4. As far as food, I would do some finger food....baby carrots, cheese cubes, crackers, stuff like that. Since it's going to be in the afternoon, you don't need to have alot. I would also get some Dora fruit snacks to put in the goodie bags. Games....Maybe like musical chairs but have them dance around and when the music stops, they have to freeze! Also, pin the tail on the donkey (or change it up to go along with the Dora theme. There may be something at your local party store) That's all I can think of at the moment. Check out familyfun.com for some other ideas. Good luck!
~Jamie~
mooseyme
by on Dec. 27, 2007 at 8:49 AM
Don't invite too many guests - just a few close friends her age and then any adults that want to come. 

Games like musical chairs are always fun.  There is a musical chairs with a twist for younger kids that isn't competitive.  Set the chairs up as you normally would - with one less chair then the children playing.  Then when the music stops the person without a place to sit has to sit on someone's lap.  Then remove a chair and start the music again.  When the music stops the 2 kids without chairs have to sit on peoples laps. Continue until there is only one chair and everyone must find a way to sit on it. 

Duck, Duck goose is always fun and little kids like it. 

You could have a tea party and serve them cupcakes and lemonade (don't put sugar in the lemonade - let them add it themselves with sugar cubes).

With the Dora theme you could do a mini treasure hunt.  Hide objects (like plastic snowflakes or party favors) around the room and then have them find them.  Kids love this game - you'll probably have to play it a few times.  lol

Turn the music on and let the kids dance and then stop the music and they have to freeze until the music starts again. 

Sharing birthday party ideas between Moms
www.birthdaypartyideas4kids.com
It's nice to share! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)