Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need help with theme PIOG

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2008 at 4:23 PM
  • 9 Replies
I'm in bit of a bind here.I have two son both born on the same day,one will be 9 and the other is his first birthday.We are joining their parties but I have no clue what theme to go with.Any suggestion would be great.Thanks in advance

Click me to see my blog

ps2.gif picture by avatarsbackground

by on Apr. 30, 2008 at 4:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
rettak
by on Apr. 30, 2008 at 4:48 PM

You could do spiderman or something like that it really doesn't have an age limit.  Or you could just not have a theme and just use boy colors.

Shamby
by on Apr. 30, 2008 at 5:40 PM
What about bugs? All boys like bugs. And you can get by with that really cheap....just go to the Dollar Tree (or the like) and get some plastic bugs to decorate the tables, cake, etc. You could cut some out of construction paper. Maybe use butterflies and ladybugs for any girls that may be there and more creepy crawly bugs for the boys. Maybe a bug net and magnifying glass as party favors. The Dollar Tree has a lot of that stuff out right now.

Ü * Shamby * Ü

~ Mom to M&M ~

Ana27
by on May. 1, 2008 at 12:28 PM
You can do a
circus theme 
just balloon theme
army theme
fish theme
car theme
train theme
pool theme
western theme
zoo theme
and so many others you can do
Having a party and need ideas than come JOIN US AT
http://www.cafemom.com/group/ALLAGESBIRTHDAYPARTY

Have lots of items that you want to get rid of or your looking for an item than come JOIN US AT
http://www.cafemom.com/group/BUYSELLORTRADEGROUP
mooseyme
by on May. 1, 2008 at 3:33 PM
camoflauge - and have a scavenger hunt for the older kids
wrestling
pirate

9 is a hard age to plan a party for a boy ... mine didn't want a theme ... just a lot of relay games and fun things to do with his friends. 
preciouschild
by Member on May. 1, 2008 at 7:40 PM
I like the army theme.
Steph_mommyof3
by on May. 6, 2008 at 10:00 AM
You could do a Sports theme...I know both my boys LOVED balls at an early age.  Does your oldest son like a sport in particular?  If so, maybe you could theme his to that sport and do an all sports theme for the baby. 
Or, a Carnival theme, have several stations set up with carnival like games, as the guests arrive hand them their tickets for the day.  Make sure each station has a ticket amount, and you can also 'sell' food with the tickets.  Have small prizes at each station for guests to win, or instead of giving tickets in the beginning, as they play a game in the various stations, they win a ticket.  then before they go home they can use their tickets to 'buy' small gifts to take home as their thank you gifts.
schoolmomof2
by on May. 7, 2008 at 9:29 AM
The sports theme would be easy and fun. You could do cupcakes to look like baseballs and basketballs. $ tree has sports related favors like quishy balls. Sun visors would make fun favors.
Good luck!
Quoting Steph_mommyof3:

You could do a Sports theme...I know both my boys LOVED balls at an early age.  Does your oldest son like a sport in particular?  If so, maybe you could theme his to that sport and do an all sports theme for the baby. 
Or, a Carnival theme, have several stations set up with carnival like games, as the guests arrive hand them their tickets for the day.  Make sure each station has a ticket amount, and you can also 'sell' food with the tickets.  Have small prizes at each station for guests to win, or instead of giving tickets in the beginning, as they play a game in the various stations, they win a ticket.  then before they go home they can use their tickets to 'buy' small gifts to take home as their thank you gifts.
scrane76
by on May. 7, 2008 at 3:09 PM
Why not use their favorite super heroes? I know both of my boys are really into superman and batman right now.

Should be fairly simple to incorperate that into one huge party. Hope that helps.
  • Love and light,
  • Dee Crane
  • Tweedle-Dee's Face Art
  • "Where imagination abounds!"
  • www.tweedle-dees.com

zimbalison
by on May. 10, 2008 at 12:28 PM
Pick a theme geared for your nine-year-old. Your baby won't care! :)

Put the GOOD back in your goody bags! http://www.you-name-it.biz

10% off for CafeMom moms!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)