Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

Two Kids, Same Birthday

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2008 at 11:40 AM
  • 3 Replies

I have a 9-month-old son and 6-year-old daughter. Their birthday is the same which is 01-03-09. I'm looking for suggestions on how to do this because of the age difference. Besides that, my daughter is by my ex-husband and of course my son is from my current so the invitation list would be different if I decided to have parties. I've always had parties for my daughter but I am thinking of doing a girls night out thing with a friend of her choice to Disney on Ice or something of that nature. For my son I thought I might do a small party maybe before I took my daughter out since it's his first birthday but I would still have to have cake for my daughter too somehow. I'm open for suggestions. At this point I'm overwhelmed and my husband is partial to my son and always feels like I'm doing more for my daughter so I'm looking for something fair.

by on Oct. 11, 2008 at 11:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
4time-mom
by on Oct. 11, 2008 at 11:54 AM

1st b-day vs. 7th b-day - I personally would do a party for your son, and a girls night for you daughter, either with a couple of her friends, or just a mom & daughter thing. I'd do them on different days (daughter the evening before, son the day of, or something) so they each have their own day, too.

lilmansmama2006
by on Oct. 11, 2008 at 11:59 AM

My sister and I have the same birthday 3 years apart march 25 1987 for me and 1990 for her my mom would always give us a party on the same day and we had seperate cakes and I had bell from beauty and the beast and she had barney. We had a great time but since there is more of an age diff. in your case. I think your daughter would love a girls night but I dont know how she would feel about not having a party if she is ok with that I would go with that idea and just do the party for your son. good luck with whatever you choose.

PROUD WIFE TO ANTHONY ANGEL

PROUD MOM TO THIS LIL PUNK

Mommy2Jayson
by on Oct. 11, 2008 at 12:05 PM

It's her first birthday that she has to share, and kids her age can become very jealous very quickly, even if she has never shown any signs of jealousy before. Doing two parties would be a hassel for your family, since they'd have to show up on two different days. I would suggest one big BASH. Let her pick a theme out of lets say 2 or 3 that you pick... Cartoons work good for boys and girls. He should have a smash cake and her a regular cake. invite EVERYONE, but let them know that it is a shared birthday party, so your ex's family/ new hubby's family will be there.

I think the girls night is a great idea, take them out to do something, and then come home, paint nails, let them wear some light eyeshadow and lip gloss, pop some pocorn and let them stay up late watching "grown up" movies like the Bring it on series...

JMO though.. here I am planning it all out..lol. sorry I'm in birthday mode too. My son's first Birthday is December 22nd.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)