Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Candyland Party for 1 year old... Need ideas please!

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2008 at 3:31 PM
  • 5 Replies

I am planning a Candyland theme party for my daughters 1st bday. I already know how I am going to decorate, and know what kind of food I want to have. We are going to setup a candy bar, and have small appetizer foods. We are renting out a recreation hall at a park, and the whole room is going to be decorated with larger then life candy. We are going to make the floor look like the candyland board game. The only thing I am having a problem with is activities for the kids. My daughter will be one, but most of the kids there will be 3 years old. So I need some ideas to entertain them, that have a candyland theme. I was thinking of having them decorate gingerbread men, but I still need some more ideas! Any ideas are appreciated! Thanks in advance!

by on Nov. 19, 2008 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
CafeMom Admin
by Head Admin on Nov. 19, 2008 at 8:30 PM

Hi jennifer.1203,

In addition to posting your question here, you may also want to visit the Toddler Moms group. The moms in there may have some answers and advice for you.

Here are some CafeMom Featured Groups.

You can also search for a group based on your interests here:

http://www.cafemom.com/groups/find.php

We hope you enjoy CafeMom!

\\ The CafeMom Admin Team

DerBrisMomma
by on Nov. 19, 2008 at 8:41 PM

if you can fit a bounce house; even one of those small ones, that would be nice.  they love that and you wouldn't have to do much else for them.

KDH2004
by on Nov. 19, 2008 at 9:27 PM

As you start off place a rainbow of balloons together for the kids to walk through together to begin their journey.  Given it is the start of the game, have a rainbow taste test, blindfold the kids, and have them taste a variety of things, White Sugar, Lemon Juice or Drops, Orange Carrots, etc.  The taste test can be anything you want to put out, but make sure it utilizes those bright, primary colors.  With the kids being blindfolded, it will be a real surprise.

For the Gum Drop Pass, have a big jar full of Gum Drops, and let the kids take turns guessing how many gum drops are in there!

For Mr. Mint, have the kids enjoy a relay race using a spoon and a peppermint.  Divide the kids into two teams and have them race back and forth to see which team can finish first without dropping the Peppermint!

For the Licorice Castle, have the kids make licorice bracelets...using thin black and red licorice for the bracelet and let them string colorful Cheerios for edible bracelets.  Yum!

For Grandma Nut, make sure the kids have no peanut butter allergies first, and if they can, give them a spoonful of peanut butter and see who can finish it first.

For Gloppy, have the kids fingerpaint their own masterpiece with chocolate.  They will love this, but be prepared for a mess!

For Queen Frostine, have this be a crowning ceremony for the birthday girl, if this is for a little girl, provide her with a cape and a crown!  If the party is for a little boy, Crown him King of Candyland!  Give out fun Ring Pops during the crowning event!

Other fun ideas:

Let the kids make their own Candyland house using graham crackers and frosting as glue.  Provide all sorts of candies for the kids to use to decorate their homes.

Play the game! (Gather enough games from neighbors and friends so that everyone can play at the same time.)

Make a large circle of Candyland pieces, and let the kids walk around on the game "board" set to music.  When you stop the music, call out a color and the kid on the color is out.  Play until only one child remains!

Play King Candy Says Like Simon Says

Play Licorice, Licorice, Lollipop like Duck, Duck Goose

Play Queen Frostine May I? like Mother May I? (Let Birthday child be queen or the king)

Have the kids decorate giant gingerbread boys...have frosting and candies available.

For your menu, the kids can eat sandwiches, cookies, Jell-O Jigglers cut out into candy cane and gingerbread man shapes!  Also, rainbow-colored goldfish, carrot sticks, pudding cups, and chocolate milk.  Serve Peppermint ice cream.  A batch of cupcakes, topped in a rainbow of colors with candies a top would be so fun too.

Check out Coolest-Birthday-Cakes for a Candyland Cake too.

For Favors, the possibilities are endless, the kids can take home candy, of course, or a bright box of crayons and a Candyland Coloring Book or printable pages.

AdrianeS
by on Nov. 19, 2008 at 11:35 PM

Wow, such great ideas!!!

Quoting KDH2004:

As you start off place a rainbow of balloons together for the kids to walk through together to begin their journey.  Given it is the start of the game, have a rainbow taste test, blindfold the kids, and have them taste a variety of things, White Sugar, Lemon Juice or Drops, Orange Carrots, etc.  The taste test can be anything you want to put out, but make sure it utilizes those bright, primary colors.  With the kids being blindfolded, it will be a real surprise.

For the Gum Drop Pass, have a big jar full of Gum Drops, and let the kids take turns guessing how many gum drops are in there!

For Mr. Mint, have the kids enjoy a relay race using a spoon and a peppermint.  Divide the kids into two teams and have them race back and forth to see which team can finish first without dropping the Peppermint!

For the Licorice Castle, have the kids make licorice bracelets...using thin black and red licorice for the bracelet and let them string colorful Cheerios for edible bracelets.  Yum!

For Grandma Nut, make sure the kids have no peanut butter allergies first, and if they can, give them a spoonful of peanut butter and see who can finish it first.

For Gloppy, have the kids fingerpaint their own masterpiece with chocolate.  They will love this, but be prepared for a mess!

For Queen Frostine, have this be a crowning ceremony for the birthday girl, if this is for a little girl, provide her with a cape and a crown!  If the party is for a little boy, Crown him King of Candyland!  Give out fun Ring Pops during the crowning event!

Other fun ideas:

Let the kids make their own Candyland house using graham crackers and frosting as glue.  Provide all sorts of candies for the kids to use to decorate their homes.

Play the game! (Gather enough games from neighbors and friends so that everyone can play at the same time.)

Make a large circle of Candyland pieces, and let the kids walk around on the game "board" set to music.  When you stop the music, call out a color and the kid on the color is out.  Play until only one child remains!

Play Queen Frostine May I? like Mother May I? (Let Birthday child be queen or the king)

Have the kids decorate giant gingerbread boys...have frosting and candies available.

For your menu, the kids can eat sandwiches, cookies, Jell-O Jigglers cut out into candy cane and gingerbread man shapes!  Also, rainbow-colored goldfish, carrot sticks, pudding cups, and chocolate milk.  Serve Peppermint ice cream.  A batch of cupcakes, topped in a rainbow of colors with candies a top would be so fun too.

For Favors, the possibilities are endless, the kids can take home candy, of course, or a bright box of crayons and a Candyland Coloring Book or printable pages.

jennifer.1203
by on Nov. 20, 2008 at 3:55 PM

Thanks so much!

Quoting KDH2004:

As you start off place a rainbow of balloons together for the kids to walk through together to begin their journey. Given it is the start of the game, have a rainbow taste test, blindfold the kids, and have them taste a variety of things, White Sugar, Lemon Juice or Drops, Orange Carrots, etc. The taste test can be anything you want to put out, but make sure it utilizes those bright, primary colors. With the kids being blindfolded, it will be a real surprise.

For Mr. Mint, have the kids enjoy a relay race using a spoon and a peppermint. Divide the kids into two teams and have them race back and forth to see which team can finish first without dropping the Peppermint!

For the Licorice Castle, have the kids make licorice bracelets...using thin black and red licorice for the bracelet and let them string colorful Cheerios for edible bracelets. Yum!

For Gloppy, have the kids fingerpaint their own masterpiece with chocolate. They will love this, but be prepared for a mess!

For Queen Frostine, have this be a crowning ceremony for the birthday girl, if this is for a little girl, provide her with a cape and a crown! If the party is for a little boy, Crown him King of Candyland! Give out fun Ring Pops during the crowning event!

Other fun ideas:

Let the kids make their own Candyland house using graham crackers and frosting as glue. Provide all sorts of candies for the kids to use to decorate their homes.

Make a large circle of Candyland pieces, and let the kids walk around on the game "board" set to music. When you stop the music, call out a color and the kid on the color is out. Play until only one child remains!

For your menu, the kids can eat sandwiches, cookies, Jell-O Jigglers cut out into candy cane and gingerbread man shapes! Also, rainbow-colored goldfish, carrot sticks, pudding cups, and chocolate milk. Serve Peppermint ice cream. A batch of cupcakes, topped in a rainbow of colors with candies a top would be so fun too.

For Favors, the possibilities are endless, the kids can take home candy, of course, or a bright box of crayons and a Candyland Coloring Book or printable pages.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)