Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

Average cost of a birthday party...

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2009 at 9:26 PM
  • 61 Replies

Poll

Question: How much did you spend?

Options:

$0-$50

$51-$100

$101-$200

$201-$300

$301-$400

$401-$500

More than $500

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 156

View Results

Just out of curiosity....how much do you spend (on average) on a child's birthday party?  Not including gifts

by on Feb. 27, 2009 at 9:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mammak
by on Feb. 27, 2009 at 9:28 PM

We always spend around 100 bucks usually including gifts. My kids are little right now so Im sure that price may rise as they get older and have more friends and want to do different things. 

mombug
by on Feb. 27, 2009 at 9:41 PM

I ended up spending almost 500.

Jumper And tables and chairs $80

cake $70

Decorations and goodie bags for 24 kids $150

chinese food $170

and plates and cups at costco

Hazel

Mommie to three ordinary children who I happen to think are EXTRA-ordinary

Tat2dCaliMama
by on Feb. 28, 2009 at 2:09 PM

We have spent anywhere from $150-$450. 

mnwintercritter
by on Feb. 28, 2009 at 2:14 PM

I usually spend about fourty to sixty just on a rental place because we live in a townhome/apartment. The rest is party supplies.

1andTrying
by on Feb. 28, 2009 at 11:25 PM

I don't feel so bad now!!  I have already spent over $400 and that is just on the Bounce house rental and the magician.  Now I have to get invitations, goody bags and everything else!!

mombug
by on Mar. 1, 2009 at 1:02 AM

Yea I wanted a bubble show guy to come but that would have been another $200 so we did with out it. I had some games and prizes and we did tattoos.

Hazel

Mommie to three ordinary children who I happen to think are EXTRA-ordinary

gemgem
by on Mar. 1, 2009 at 8:38 AM

Ours come to around 200 bucks on average, sometimes more depending on the amount of people, theme, and where we have the party. I buy through out the year once I know what theme they want theyre stuck with it lol. It isnt that bad. If we rent a venue then we rent it months in advance so that cost isnt even factored in so much. We always do them around 2 so theres no lunch or dinner cost just snacks and cake.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Left without a President?  Join us at Nobama Mamas http://www.cafemom.com/group/46378

mommykelly3
by on Mar. 1, 2009 at 8:43 AM

We usually just do a small party. cake icecream. In we all gather at familys house with the most room to save on a rental. It might get more expensive once they are little bigger and we do skating parties, and stuff like that.  We did use a big moon bounce thing the weekend in august when we have 4 bithdays in a week. for all the cousins. We just have a contiuos sleepover.

nily
by on Mar. 1, 2009 at 11:37 AM

We are spending 15,000 dolars on our son first birthday party I think things got out of hand and we got TOO excited hehehe

Tat2dCaliMama
by on Mar. 1, 2009 at 12:56 PM

ok after i just picked up my mouth from dropping...how are you spending THAT much!?!?

Quoting nily:

We are spending 15,000 dolars on our son first birthday party I think things got out of hand and we got TOO excited hehehe

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN