Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

How much does it cost to rent an indoor room for a party in your area???

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2009 at 1:42 PM
  • 11 Replies

I want to rent an indoor room for my son's birthday,

So far the community centers are out of the question, because they charge a $150 deposit and then at least $35 an hour after that.

I was wondering if you guys had rented in other places before and how much it cost you.

VFW, Church etc.

Thanks.

by on Mar. 11, 2009 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamade2ninas831
by on Mar. 12, 2009 at 11:31 AM

My daughters birthday is next month and we are doing some remodeling. so we rented at the community building ! and yes they are expensive ours cost $70 deposit and $30 an hour. and i booked it , and after i booked it a girl from work told me about the party room at a local libray and it's only $30 for the day
:( good luck with finding a spot 4 ur party

Mom of 2 Queens
sandy_marie21
by on Mar. 12, 2009 at 1:56 PM

Yikes.

I hadn't thought about a library, I'll have to look into ours to see if they have something like that.

Thanks.

Quoting mamade2ninas831:

My daughters birthday is next month and we are doing some remodeling. so we rented at the community building ! and yes they are expensive ours cost $70 deposit and $30 an hour. and i booked it , and after i booked it a girl from work told me about the party room at a local libray and it's only $30 for the day
:( good luck with finding a spot 4 ur party

schoolmomof2
by on Mar. 13, 2009 at 9:35 AM

Check out churches too. They are usually reasonable and if you or a friend are a member it's free, at least at ours!

kimebarnes
by on Mar. 13, 2009 at 10:54 AM

Also if you know anyone who lives in an apt check their clubhouse rental. they are usually good for having parties. our moms club had a luncheon for around 50 in one and usually for residents pretty reasonable, but i agree its hard to find a place to have a party in KC i went thru the same struggles with my husbands and daughters bday parties in oct

SEXMONKEYMAGIC
by on Mar. 13, 2009 at 11:06 AM
the community room here is $150 deposit (which is refunded, so that doesnt bother me) and $150 for the day (which is from 12pm-8pm). i think ur getting a good deal... if u have a 3 hr party, its only gonna cost u $105 dollars.

GIswife
by on Mar. 13, 2009 at 11:53 AM

$25/HR AT THE YMCA

sandy_marie21
by on Mar. 13, 2009 at 11:57 AM

The party itself would be 3 hrs.  From 2-5 (my son's bed time is 7:30 no mattter what, so I want him to have a couple of hours to unwind at home after the party)

BUT,  Decorating time will be at least 2 hrs, (we're gonna have elaborate decorations) So that makes it a 5 hour 'party', to the people renting it anyway.

Anyway, I'm just really hoping I can find a place to rent it out by the day instead of by the hour, and for a reasonable price, too (fingers crossed) LOL

Quoting SEXMONKEYMAGIC:

the community room here is $150 deposit (which is refunded, so that doesnt bother me) and $150 for the day (which is from 12pm-8pm). i think ur getting a good deal... if u have a 3 hr party, its only gonna cost u $105 dollars.

Momma_Jenni
by on Mar. 13, 2009 at 12:50 PM
Where I live we have several private organizaions and clubs that require membership to rent the facilities and several restruants that rent their party rooms. The prices here range anywhere from $25 for the day to $100+ for the hour depending on the services you request or the location. We are very lucky to have the choices we do, but it would be nice to have a YMCA in the area.
gemgem
by on Mar. 13, 2009 at 1:48 PM

Its normal for us to rent a room or area. This year we opted for at home parties since the economy is so bad its hit us too and we just couldnt do it this year. But we always check with roller skating rinks, ours charges us $55 for use of the rink for 2 hours without any other customers there. Another place we go to is a restaurant locally owned. He has a banquet hall and we rent it for $50 and have tables and chairs and the room set up. It has an area for the kids to play, dance etc.

I would check around at some local places that seems to be where we get the best deals.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Left without a President?  Join us at Nobama Mamas http://www.cafemom.com/group/46378

cudybug
by on Mar. 13, 2009 at 7:35 PM

i was looking last october for my sons party and everything was soo expesnive. I finally found out that the lodges at the county park district we live in rents them out free. Just had to pay for 25 for heat for the half day we had it since it was late october. The outa county residents are charged 40 dollars. Yes they dont have running water but we didnt need it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN