Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

Fairy Party food

Posted by on Jun. 5, 2009 at 12:39 AM
  • 2 Replies

What food is "Fairy"?

Here is what I have

Fairy punch(sparkling juice in goblets rimmed in fairy dust(sugar))

Jewel Salad - cranberries, cherries, grapes

Magic wands(Star shaped apples, melon etc) on the ends of pretzel rods

Cream cheese and strawberry jam sandwiches cut into jewel shape(hearts, diamonds etc)

Gum drops

by on Jun. 5, 2009 at 12:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
NavyMama6894
by on Jun. 6, 2009 at 8:21 AM

Here are some ideas I grabbed from birthdaypartyideas.com

Food

: We served treats picnic-style. Butter cookies decorated as flowers white chocolate
covered pretzels with pink sprinkles (fairy wands) mini cupcakes and Fairy Fizz punch (lemonade with raspberry sherbet).

We also had a platter of fruit that they could make into kabobs.

Little Fairy sandwiches, white bread spread with strawberry jam/jelly cut into stars, flowers, and diamonds.  Little Elf crackers, Ritz crackers with cheese cut into circles and pepperoni slices on top. Fairy Wands pretzel sticks, big or little, dipped in white chocolate and sprinkles on one end.  Fairy Fizz, pink lemonade with pop rocks, makes a lovely drink.  Elf Grog - green punch with lime sherbet balls and ginger ale.  You will want to soften the sherbet, take 1 scoop form it in balls in any size, and then put them on a cookie sheet

back in the freezer overnight. You can have separate bowls of different colored jellybeans to represent different gems.

The food side:  We had pink marshmallows, grape and fruitpuff kebabs, mini hotdogs, chicken nibbles, pink meringues with pink cream, pink lemonade, 100 and 1000's biscuits, strawberries.

The Food Table: The food table was set up with a lot of fairy-friendly foods. We had ranch dip in a hollowed out purple cabbage, with veggies and chips. There was fruit dip (served in a hollow melon) with a fresh fruit salad, and an ambrosia fruit salad.  The biggest hit was definitely the chocolate dipped strawberries.  I dipped strawberries in Ghiradelli milk chocolate, and then drizzled white chocolate over them... I made two cartons of strawberries, and still ran out within the first hour! I also made fairy punch and had several varieties of soda.

As we are having the party about 3:30 pm there was no need for a meal as such, so we will be making a variety of mixed sandwiches which will be cut into shape with Star cookie cutters. There will be fairy bread and jelly cups with sprinkles on top as well as fruit kebabs which will be just cut up fruit on a bamboo skewer with the tip cut off & we will be tying a bit of ribbon on the end of each. And just some cheerios & Pink & Green lemonade to drink.

Food: Mostly kid friendly food but all the chips, cheesies, fish crackers, popcorn, etc. were served in new plastic flower pots. I made fruit wands - blueberries and grapes with watermelon cut in a star on the tip of a bamboo skewer. I also made fairy wand cookies by making sugar cookies and as soon they came out the oven, I pushed a bamboo skewer into them.  I covered them in grey icing and sprinkled them with silver sugar (which I was able to find at a cake decorating shop) so they looked really sparkly.

Hope this helps!

auroragold
by on Jun. 6, 2009 at 8:27 AM

Depends on what KIND of fairy party you want.I did a "woodland fairy" party back in December (you can do a search on this group) so my fairy food was themed for the woods

-chocolate nests with peppermint eggs
-coconut ice mice
-snack mix (byTeddy Grahams) with bees and bears

Also I used fondant cutters (leaves and flowers) to cut cheese

Those are the few things I remember but do the search, I may have listed more...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN