Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

Nerf dart gun party

Posted by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 8:14 AM
  • 7 Replies

My SS's will be 12 in October and they asked me to plan their party this year, they want to have a Nerf gun party. 

Sounds easy enough. 

I have rented a gym so we have enough space, and I am requesting large boxes from local hardware stores, to make bunkers and stuff to hide in.  I was thinking that we could also do games besides capture the flag, like target practice from different distances, and a moving target practice where their friends get to shoot at the boys like the duck range?  My husband and I are going to get t-shirts in my SS's favorite colors and decorate the backs with whatever designs they each choose, but on the front we are going to put targets that are black lite sensitive so when the lites go out SURPRISE you still can't hide!!  and these would be the favors for the kids, along w/ packs of darts.

I was wondering if anyone else has done this theme, and if you would have any pointers, you know, 'If I had to do it again I would/wouldn't...."

Thanks!!

by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 8:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
cobrien2203
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 8:25 AM

This sounds like a really cool idea!!!

imasurvivor
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 9:51 AM

Way cool!

LOL... My first thought was start collecting boxes!

Looks like you're on the right track...Have fun w/it & take lots of pics! 

danielsmommy2b
by on Jun. 11, 2009 at 3:54 PM

Awesome, lol, don't tell my hubby, you just may have 1 extra guest! Sounds really fun! We love Nerf guns here, me and my husband always play with them. I really like the box idea as well! Yeah! You could do target practices! My husband buys some targets that stick on things to shoot his guns... Wal Mart sells them in sporting goods, you could stick them to boxes! Really great idea, my kids are still young, but when my son gets older I just may have to do a party like this! Sounds super fun!!!

Lovinmybabas
by on Mar. 13, 2011 at 12:42 AM

bump

tyesmommy
by on Mar. 13, 2011 at 12:19 PM

there's a army type of party on here by georgezilla, you can incorperate some of that and just change to nerf guns

kmrtigger
by on Mar. 13, 2011 at 6:11 PM

Here is a party someone did but only 2 pictures. One is of the cake.

And here is another one with a TON of ideas and pictures.

kmrtigger
by on Mar. 13, 2011 at 6:24 PM

For a few game ideas:

Load your gun race

Target practices

Bullet hunt

Race to shoot something

Capture the flag game

Bowling type game where light weight objects are lined up and they try and knock them over.

Some tips:

I would check with all the moms and make sure it's okay for the kids to play with the nerf guns. Some people have very strong feelings about guns.

Mark all arrows with the kids intials before the party.

Have the kids bring googles or sunglasses for eye protection.

Another party post here

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)