Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

At what time is the best time to have a birthday party?

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2009 at 9:49 AM
  • 9 Replies

I am planning my son's birthday party and I am trying to figure out the best time. It will be a 2 hour party, so I was wondering of the following times, which are you more likely to attend?

Friday night (6-8)
Saturday morning (9-11)
Saturday afternoon (1-3)
Saturday afternoon (4-6)
Sunday afternoon (1-3)
Sunday afternoon (4-6)

Also, the party will be 30 minutes away because there are not many party places in our area. Would you be willing to go to a party that is 30 minutes away? Thanks in Advance!

by on Aug. 3, 2009 at 9:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
hardworker876
by on Aug. 3, 2009 at 11:47 AM

Sunday 4-6

and no I wouldn't go 30 mins away to be honest .. unless it was family .. even if it was family I'd be a bit annoyed.

imamommy1205
by on Aug. 3, 2009 at 11:50 AM

Out of those times, I would say Sat 1-3 or 4-6 (but if you did the 4-6, I think people wouild expect a meal). I would drive 30 minutes to a party, but this comes from someone who's family and friends almost all live 30 minutes away lol. If the people having the party lived close to me and chose to do the party farther away, I would probably still come, but would prefer the party to be closer.

Maryellen
by on Aug. 3, 2009 at 2:30 PM

From the times you listed I would prefer Saturday 1-3 and yes I would drive 30 minutes for a party.  We live about 30 minutes from the town we live in (we live in the country) so honestly I never thought anything of it. I usually do all my kids parties on Saturday from 2-4pm.

mamade2ninas831
by on Aug. 3, 2009 at 4:42 PM

I would drive 30 min if it was a good friend or family! and i like 1-3 good luck

smarie1011
by on Aug. 3, 2009 at 8:28 PM

I would say Saturday from 1-3 seems like the best time because it will be after lunch hour and before Dinner. So you wont have to plan a big meal. However I would make sure there was some type of food.  

For unique and fun photo invitations vist :  www.smrpartywear.com

luvlavender
by on Aug. 4, 2009 at 11:35 AM

The child in your pic looks like he may still be taking naps. If so, I suggest planning the party for immediately after his naptime,so he will be fresh and in a good mood. As for specific times, I would pick 1-3 or 2-4.

good luck

My current fave website for free kids party ideas is: Fun Kids Party Ideas.com

deputy03gurl
by on Aug. 4, 2009 at 1:00 PM

we always do our kids parties during the evenings.  but we provide meals, if you don't want that expense i would go with 1-3.  I prefer saturdays, Sundays in our family are for rest, and parties are work.  As far as traveling, i know what you mean you have to travel 30 min to get a place to host it.  I wouldn't think twice about driving even up to an hour.  Good luck.

Stephanie

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

addymom08
by on Aug. 4, 2009 at 5:47 PM

i did my little girls on a saturday from 4 - 6. she had already had her nap and most people go shopping and do things ealry in the day so that time wouldnt interfere. most people go to church on sunday nights or have to get ready for school.

Little_bug
by on Aug. 4, 2009 at 8:25 PM

Quoting JeremysMom:

I am planning my son's birthday party and I am trying to figure out the best time. It will be a 2 hour party, so I was wondering of the following times, which are you more likely to attend?

Friday night (6-8)- NO!

Saturday morning (9-11) - I wouldn't

Saturday afternoon (1-3) - That's a good time(that's when DD's party is)
Saturday afternoon (4-6) - This is a good time but make sure you serve a MEAL
Sunday afternoon (1-3) - This works too
Sunday afternoon (4-6) - People have to go to work on Monday and generally a late Sunda party is a bad idea

Also, the party will be 30 minutes away because there are not many party places in our area. Would you be willing to go to a party that is 30 minutes away? Thanks in Advance! - only if I am very close to the birthday child would I travel 30 min.  Hannah's BFF's brother is having his party on Sunday the 16th and they live about 30 min away.  We will be going to that, Hannah LOVES both Autumn AND Grant and I adore their family.  Say it was a kid in her class whom we didn't know all that well, no I wouldn't travel 30 min for their party UNLESS it was something like a pumpkin patch or maybe Chuck E Cheese etc. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN