Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Celebrations & Holidays Celebrations & Holidays

What are your favorite kid's party themes?

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2007 at 3:41 PM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

Have you thrown, or been to, any great kid's birthday parties? What were the themes? What food was served? What games or activities were the most fun?

by on Sep. 18, 2007 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MusikMama
by on Sep. 25, 2007 at 10:25 AM
We just did a really fun tye dye party.  It wasn't for a b-day, btu the kids LOVED it and got to take home a fun shirt too.  The shirts were only $2 each at Michaels, and dyes were $1.55 each.  THe kits are way better/easier, but this worked.  See my page for pics;o)

~Kate~

http://www.cafemom.com/group/detox

http://www.cafemom.com/group/friendshipgarden

"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have"

Nancy05
by on Sep. 25, 2007 at 11:37 AM
Goodness i have a whole list but i have to say Dora the Explorer topped the list my 2nd dd had Dora 2 years in a roll (2nd and 3rd b-day) then my 3rd dd had dora this year so i saved all my dora decoration and yes i reused them. My first two daughters are winter babies so i can't do much but my little one is a summer baby i took advantage of the day we were having a block party and had my dd b-day party that same day i rented a moon jumper because we were able to close the block, i would have no space for a moon jumper in my back yard. it was fun.
coridunn
by on Sep. 25, 2007 at 1:17 PM
My son had a spongebob themed party last year witha pinata and a huge family dinner.  My daughter had  a Dora party for her b-day and we had Dora related activites.

www.freewebs.com/partiesonabudget
funnymummy22
by on Sep. 25, 2007 at 2:53 PM
 I've been to a princess party where  the moms were invited and the kids had their hair done with 1 dollar tiara's.  there was glitter and dress up items all around.  Those girls had a great time
zew112903
by on Sep. 25, 2007 at 5:52 PM
Well my sons 1st b-day was jungle theme, 2nd year elmo, 2 rd year thomas, and this year will be dinos
carriep
by on Sep. 25, 2007 at 6:52 PM
A good one I heard or saw somewhere was a "pamper party" where the girls were treated with manicures, pedicures, and pampering like little divas the entire party.  This sounded like fun

Lilypie Baby Ticker

Lilypie Baby Ticker

http://www.cafemom.com/group/childcareproviders

mommyseesall
by on Sep. 25, 2007 at 7:08 PM
My sister just had a TMNT party for my nephew. They drank green slime(green kool-aid with jello) to turn into turtles, had to play Master Splinter says to earn their masks, balance a ballon with swords to get their weapons, and go through an obstical course to get their shell. We were able to get paper pizza pans from a take and bake pizza place called Papa Murphy's. They had the design of a turtle shell. We spray painted the back with a textured brown paint and put some elastic to make arm holes. We got pizza boxes at Pizza Hut, the personal size for the goody bags. It was really great.

aronzap
by on Sep. 25, 2007 at 8:46 PM
My daughter Alyssa went to a party where they took them to this place called Libby Lou's.  It was in the mall.  They fixed their hair and makeup and let them dress up.  Then they got to walk around the mall and had lunch.  She really enjoyed it.

At the beginning of this year, when my daughter Brea turned 5, we had a party at Pump It Up.  It's a place where they have two rooms with different bounce houses - like 5 in each room.  You get 45 mins in each room and then 30 mins in the party room for cake and gifts.  They let you bring in outside food and drinks too.  It rocked.  All the kids loved it.  And parents could jump too.  I fell, but besides that - it was a blast!!!

- Nora :-)
Proud Mom of Alyssa and Brea
www.thanx4stayinhomemom.com
Maryellen
by on Sep. 26, 2007 at 9:13 AM
Last year for my daughters 14th b-day, we had a "chocolate spa party".  Everything was made from chocolate, the food, the facials, bath salts, etc... and the mom's did their hair, nails, makeup, etc..., they loved it. Of course the downside to this is I had 7 fourteen year old girls with me all night who where hyped up on chocolate, but it was fun.
My son had a hunting theme for his third b-day, b/c he likes to hunt with his dad.  The invitations were homemade and the wording was soo cute, everyone loved them. We played pin the antler on the deer and I gave them plastic bow and arrows to shoot at a target.  For his 2nd b-day, he had a dinosaur theme and for the gift bags, I made paper mache' dinosaur eggs, filled them with treats, and painted them bright colors, made a nest out of hay and put them in it till the end of the party,  it took a little while, but turned out really cute.
sherigraph
by on Sep. 26, 2007 at 9:58 AM
When my soon to be 17 yo daughter turned 6, we had her party at a bed and breakfast. They got to go up to a room, try on different old dress's, shoes, makeup, scarves, gloves, jewelry, etc, find what they wanted, then they came down to the dining room and had a tea party on the good china. They had a blast.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)