Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I really need advice...possibly becoming a single parent.

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2009 at 2:25 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 175 Total Views

My fiance and I have been together for nearly 3 years. He has a son from a previous relationship, son's mother is in his life still. There is no joint custody or anything like that. We also have a little girl together. Now, his ex is married and just had her 2nd child.  My fiance and I have been several fights regarding the new baby.  This last one may be it.  Anyways, long story short he feels like he has a responsibility for the new baby...

Am I wrong to say that he doesn't?

I keep telling him he has zero responsibility. That baby has a mom and dad. Which are married btw.  Granted that is his son's brother, but it's not his kid.  His son has two families and that's the way it will always be now. I told him not to give them (his ex) any money and that he should ever ask me to watch the baby I wouldn't. Unless she's going to treat me just like any other babysitter and not use me like she has in the past with my stepson.

Regardless of whether or not they would do that...does he really have a responsibility to his ex's & her husband's kid?

Am I being cold hearted here?  I don't hate the kid, don't get me wrong. But my responsibility lies with my family. My family consists of my fiance, my stepson & our daughter.

Please help me out in any way possible to make sense of this.  His ex is seriously ruining us as a couple and a family.  That's the way I feel about it anyways.

by on Jul. 7, 2009 at 2:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
emmasmom2013
by New Member on May. 29, 2013 at 6:06 AM

He doesn't have any responsibility to the kid but its understandable if he doesn't want to just leave him out. When my dad takes my half sister and us out to diner or shopping he always invites her little brother so he doesn't feel left out. It's not his kid but he's still family because he's our sisters family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)