Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Introduction to RD's Multi-Faith Bible Study/Debate

Posted by on Mar. 14, 2012 at 11:56 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 625 Total Views

The purpose of this forum is to read through the Bible, chapter by chapter and discuss sections of the Bible, for the purpose of debate and learning. We will be using the Douay-Rheims, but please feel free to post alternate translations for the sake of comparison.

This isn't your regular church Bible study. There are Christians, Jews, Mulsims, Hindus, Pagans, and *gasp* atheists participating in this discussion. The Bible is both a religious book and a work of literature. It can be interpretted as many ways as their are people. Some of us have past experierence and knowledge of the Bible. Some have a greater degree of religious or literary understanding here. And some will be responding with only their own impressions. 

This is not the place to argue or debate belief in the Bible to the point that it strays away from the topic. There are bound to be questions or comments in passing, but if you want to question or debate a person's beliefs back and forth, please move it to the main forum, as this disrupts the posts. 

And as always, with all of our forums, here at RD, this is not the place to try to convert anyone. 

Enjoy!

by on Mar. 14, 2012 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Thriftchick
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 12:37 PM

i love Bible Study, thanks for having the scriptures up, not many RD groups allow us to do this

circle_of_life
by getting my feet wet on Mar. 25, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Is it too late to join in? How far have you gotten?

LilyofPhilly
by Advanced Athiest on Mar. 25, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Quoting circle_of_life:

Never too late. Jump in any time. We're on Genesis 8. You can reply on any of the threads at any time. Please tell others to come join as well.

circle_of_life
by getting my feet wet on Mar. 25, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Great! I have a friend who is southern Baptist, and we debate all the time. SHe is always saying "have you even read the Bible?" I don't think she has either, but she does have more knowledge of it than I do because I was never a believer in it. So this will help be brush up on my bible trivia, lol

Quoting LilyofPhilly:

Quoting circle_of_life:

Never too late. Jump in any time. We're on Genesis 8. You can reply on any of the threads at any time. Please tell others to come join as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)