Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

13. And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth

Posted by on May. 14, 2012 at 3:06 PM
  • 27 Replies
  • 1025 Total Views

13 And Abram went up out of Egypt, he and his wife, and all that he had, and Lot with him, into the south.

And he was very rich in possession of gold and silver.

And he returned by the way that he came, from the south to Bethel, to the place where before he had pitched his tent between Bethel and Hai:

In the place of the altar which he had made before; and there he called upon the name of the Lord.

But Lot also, who was with Abram, had flocks of sheep, and herds of beasts, and tents.

Neither was the land able to bear them, that they might dwell together: for their substance was great, and they could not dwell together.

Whereupon also there arose a strife between the herdsmen of Abram and of Lot. And at that time the Chanaanite and the Pherezite dwelled in that country.

Abram therefore said to Lot: Let there be no quarrel, I beseech thee, between me and thee, and between my herdsmen and thy herdsmen: for we are brethren.

Behold the whole land is before thee: depart from me I pray thee: if thou wilt go to the left hand, I will take the right: if thou choose the right hand, I will pass to the left.

10 And Lot, lifting up his eyes, saw all the country about the Jordan, which was watered throughout, before the Lord destroyed Sodom and Gomorrha, as the paradise of the Lord, and like Egypt as one comes to Segor.

11 And Lot chose to himself the country about the Jordan, and he departed from the east: and they were separated one brother from the other.

12 Abram dwelt in the land of Chanaan; and Lot abode in the towns that were about the Jordan, and dwelt in Sodom.

13 And the men of Sodom were very wicked, and sinners before the face of the Lord, beyond measure.

14 And the Lord said to Abram, after Lot was separated from him: Lift up thy eyes, and look from the place wherein thou now art, to the north and to the south, to the east and to the west.

15 All the land which thou seest, I will give to thee, and to thy seed for ever.

16 And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: if any man be able to number the dust of the earth, he shall be able to number thy seed also.

17 Arise and walk through the land in the length, and in the breadth thereof: for I will give it to thee.

18 So Abram removing his tent came and dwelt by the vale of Mambre, which is in Hebron: and he built there an altar to the Lord.

by on May. 14, 2012 at 3:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
123Kathy
by sr debate team on May. 15, 2012 at 8:51 AM
God said Abram seed cannot be counted. I can see why the Isrealites Abram is there father. The bible says God knows how many strand hair is on your head. That is lot of hair. I love walk on the beach. I would never try count a hand full sand too. Sodom sin was beyond measure. This seems insane number of wrongs too. 13 And the men of Sodom were very wicked, and sinners before the face of the Lord, beyond measure. I wonder what this means? It just mention men too. What about women and children?

Nikkijr
by on May. 23, 2012 at 4:52 PM
This says a lot to me. When you worship Yahweh and do what is right by him which makes you "righteous," you will be blessed and wanting or needing nothing. Notice Abraham (Abram) put his nephew first and allowed him to choose where he wanted to live. As Yahweh's obedient child we are taught to have this same selfless attitude.
Many believe they follow the GOLDEN RULE, and they may intend to. Sadly we react to how others treat us instead. Peace be with you.
123Kathy
by sr debate team on May. 31, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Abram still didn't not understand God at all. Abram didn't understand how seed would be like dust of the earth.  Abram was old. Sara was old. He could not see God's power at all.  Even Sara really didn't understand at all.

Nikkijr
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:55 PM
Quoting 123Kathy:

Abram still didn't not understand God at all. Abram didn't understand how seed would be like dust of the earth.  Abram was old. Sara was old. He could not see God's power at all.  Even Sara really didn't understand at all.

Abraham understood enough. Obey Yahweh and be blessed. HalleluYah!
okijet
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:57 PM

It's a puzzle to say the least.  God said we're not puppets.. so we have free will, he still even in that mindset with our free will ,....set up commandments, which NOT ONE person kept.  Except Noah.   Than after that we were eating all the animals.  Before that we weren't eating animals. but people were said to have eaten other people.  These were anakin relation dna types, not humans.  They were considered giants.  I haven't read this in a few months, but compared to later after Noah's obedience.. we became much less of tyrannic seed.  THAT got wiped out.  But thousands of wars succeeded over and over.  Too many to name.  So does God really exist?  I thought about his existence without comparing one without his existence, I say it's not possible, to be forgiven with no God above or someone that knew who we were.  WE were knit together in the womb. I we have no thoughts, that is when we are apart from God.  He IS our thought process, the good kind.  We recreate our spirit by a choice to do it in our actions.  SO.. of course it's really true God exists.  The other side just cannot perceive the NEED for anyone else, so that's their problem.

If anyone *ANYONE* believes in Jesus , through his death and resurrection, even on his NAME, only... then we will be counted saved.  Saved for what?   His kingdom, his everlasting promise of life after death.  Sounds too good to be true to me, but it is true.  I wouldn't want any other place, it's not a contest. Or a bullying session as some want to contend.  It's just a simple truth.  you either accept it or make your own conclusion.

okijet
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Without God we cannot possible have any good thoughts.  We would be children in a lost worked over world wortthless and not saveable.  HOwever, could it save us to blend in together with unsaved and mimick them and just go along with them, to appease "THEIR" agendas?  Can you seriously go along with someone bungy jumping unless you are committed to it?  NOT on your life.   I trust no one.  I only trust God.. his plan, and to imitate others agendas to only appease or fit it, or just live to live, that's wasteful and useless.  IT's got no plan.  So, no purpose , no plan, no use, no reasons, just "BE".   Stupid. wasteful. 

I can't see the point of anyone just taking up this world to use it for nothing other than to show off, or prove a useless existence for others' gain.   Example of this --  plotting to kill someone for another's benefit, or killing anyone at all of reasoning without reason.  Just to do it for nothing.  THINK about this... seriously.  . if it's for nothing, where is the plan?  It's as though impulse alone is the action.  Kill. SERIOUSLY??  Come on seriously, GOD DIDn"T want this, it's as though all existence on earth revolves around killing alone.  THINK:  why would we blow up any sect or group of people, really think.  WE in this age put more energy into that mindset, along with high tech action, and fast fast paced production, killing- machine- thinking, as though THAT ITSELF is the answer.  What would that prove?   N O T H I N G

MyMyOhMy
by jr debate team on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Quoting okijet:

Without God we cannot possible have any good thoughts. 

Wow. Are you like a psychopath or something?

okijet
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:55 PM

It's true that the earth is full of wars correct?  And we are constant motion picking up after them, and fixing up, and restructuring after the wars, and rebuilding, and after devastations, we rebuild and rebuild and give and give more and more after.

WHAT ABOUT BEFORE?   anything good before all those wars?   and if we're so great why would we wait for an abomination that causes desolation to act on a belief that's  a totally free gift?

Just reliving wars on t.v. like some people do ritually, like TIME- LIFE,  although a good learning tool, it's not becoming to us as it would enhance or fill the earth as //"THE DUST OF THE EARTH"",  or new inhabitants. 

I feel that this is more about those resurrected to life than any new created future generations, but I surely hope in new generations to come, only, however in THIS WORLD it seems very redundant to know that only high tech and geniuses are able enough to promote new generations.  (like the claims of the scientific community for speculation of twins for science only not for God's real purpose.

I am a insightest.   Sorry if you are out of better descriptive adjectives.

Quoting MyMyOhMy:

Quoting okijet:

okijet
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:00 PM

I also interpret that science ruins everything and has nothing good to offer, but extreme bogus acts of greed to what they can claim is improvements to earth.  (right, smh

If we are truly important in our own eyes and need to improve, it's always after some war, or some lack, or maybe it's at the same time as it happens,  I don't know why my d/h always interjects this thinking, and I don't believe it, I see it as those meek ones just wanting to be able to go through this world as a way to the new earth the one that will surpass this by far, as we've never set eyes on yet, or have heard of.  It won't be high tech, or needy, or sick, or lacking, or aborting, or have any types of disease to conquer, since we are promised it from scripture,  When God did something great as promise never ending generations of people, ''seed,'', so to speak,  it doesn't say what form of life, just seed. 

I wonder what the seed grows to become. ?    Since it would never fit in our earth so small.

Quoting okijet:

It's true that the earth is full of wars correct?  And we are constant motion picking up after them, and fixing up, and restructuring after the wars, and rebuilding, and after devastations, we rebuild and rebuild and give and give more and more after.

WHAT ABOUT BEFORE?   anything good before all those wars?   and if we're so great why would we wait for an abomination that causes desolation to act on a belief that's  a totally free gift?

Just reliving wars on t.v. like some people do ritually, like TIME- LIFE,  although a good learning tool, it's not becoming to us as it would enhance or fill the earth as //"THE DUST OF THE EARTH"",  or new inhabitants. 

I feel that this is more about those resurrected to life than any new created future generations, but I surely hope in new generations to come, only, however in THIS WORLD it seems very redundant to know that only high tech and geniuses are able enough to promote new generations.  (like the claims of the scientific community for speculation of twins for science only not for God's real purpose.

I am a insightest.   Sorry if you are out of better descriptive adjectives.

Quoting MyMyOhMy:

Quoting okijet:

okijet
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:03 PM

we're made from dust of the earth, and to dust we return, so that is plenty of dust.   I know it's not even close to what GOD was speaking of.

Quoting 123Kathy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN