Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my little man has an app with a develop. pedi what should i know?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:16 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 283 Total Views

for the last couple of months xander has really opened up and blossomed. Of course his language is nowhere it should be but he is doing awesome. It took four months to get a app with a developmental pedi. I dont think i should go but hubby is convinced that he still needs to go just to be sure everything is good.  what should i expect the pedi to do and what questions should i ask?

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
usmcwifemom2
by Member on Feb. 22, 2010 at 11:48 AM

do it now for yourself, make a list from birth to his age now, when he said his first word, when he said his first 2 word phrase, sentence, etc, also when he crawled walked, everything. they will ask everything. i had to sit and rack my brain about it all. she is in speech now twice a week and OT once a week, she has been diagnosed with apraxia and also has a sensory processing disorder. due to the lovely sensory thing, she threw up on my hubby on sat night from a hair being in her mouth! lol i'm just glad it was on him for once and not me! hahaha i would go it gives you a piece of mind to know if there is something or if there isn't anthing wrong and the eariler you get in the better the help will be for him, while they are young is the best time to get in there and work with them if there is a speech problem, or behavior problem. lexi has a touch ofODD, (defiance disorder) so it's not easy in this house. good luck. ask whatever comes to your mind. is his speech okay, is it normal when he does this or that.

silverdawn99
by on Feb. 22, 2010 at 2:59 PM

Quoting usmcwifemom2:

do it now for yourself, make a list from birth to his age now, when he said his first word, when he said his first 2 word phrase, sentence, etc, also when he crawled walked, everything. they will ask everything. i had to sit and rack my brain about it all. she is in speech now twice a week and OT once a week, she has been diagnosed with apraxia and also has a sensory processing disorder. due to the lovely sensory thing, she threw up on my hubby on sat night from a hair being in her mouth! lol i'm just glad it was on him for once and not me! hahaha i would go it gives you a piece of mind to know if there is something or if there isn't anthing wrong and the eariler you get in the better the help will be for him, while they are young is the best time to get in there and work with them if there is a speech problem, or behavior problem. lexi has a touch ofODD, (defiance disorder) so it's not easy in this house. good luck. ask whatever comes to your mind. is his speech okay, is it normal when he does this or that.

what is defiance disorder? i have never heard of this

anoukbear
by New Member on Feb. 25, 2010 at 8:39 AM

Hi,

I would definatly keep the app...Just so you can have peace of mind you know?

ODD s Oppositional Defiance Disorder...Click here to get more info!

http://www.aacap.org/cs/root/facts_for_families/children_with_oppositional_defiant_disorder

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)