Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sign language

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:04 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 332 Total Views

I am trying to potty train my two and a half year son and I need the sign for potty. He cant talk much and i figured that signing might help him. he already signs some. what are some good websites i can visit for this?

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
silverdawn99
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:22 PM

anyone??

usmcwifemom2
by Member on Apr. 20, 2010 at 9:51 AM

not sure, i'd google it, or go to pbs.com and click on signing time. it was a great show. and there's books and what not you can order. have you gone to the book store and looked at the my first signing books? i can't remember what potty sign was, but the main thing is to make sure you are saying the words as you sign them each and everytime. so he learns the words verbally as well as the sign. we loved signing time, they sing, sign, it's great. good luck!!

RyansMommy324
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 11:02 PM

I think its like this.....  take first and middle finger, cross them and twist wrist. Thats the only way I can type it out. That is potty. Im pretty sure, feel free to double check it on that website reccomended by PP

turtle79
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2010 at 11:51 PM

The ASL sign is to make the letter "t" (put your hand into a fist, palm facing away, with thumb between your first and middle fingers) and then shake your hand from side to side but it doesn't really matter. Since it's just for use between you and her, you can make up a sign that's easier for her to do if putting her thumb between her fingers is too difficult :)

http://www.lifeprint.com/asl101/pages-signs/b/bathroom.htm

I like this site for ASL :)

Annette4
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2010 at 2:48 PM

I have many resources for sign language sites and speech therapy sites.  Check out my group - link in my siggy!

~Annette ~ Supermom of 4~
Group Owner- Children With Speech Delays!

Group Owner- Pre-Menopausal Mommies

$$ me2everyone $$
We are going Live!

How people treat you is their Karma, how you react is yours. -Wayne Dyer

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)