Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son had a meltdown today at school.........

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:41 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 226 Total Views

My son is 4 and was in regular preschool last year. Now he is repeating 3 year preschool and is also in a special Ed. room, 4 days, 8 to 11:00 and 2 days regular preschool 12 to 3. He gets extra speech help in the special ed room.  Well, i was always picking him up for lunch on the two long days, to cut his day up. The teacher and I decided to have lunch at school so i would not have to run around and be back within 45 minutes to get him back to school in time. Well she walks him out to meet me after the 8 to 11 slot and he is freaking out and crying, thinking that he has to stay at school and i was not picking him up. He was used to going and based on what she told him, and i think she told him he had to stay in school, he believed i was not coming to pick him up. I did tell him i was going to come and have lunch at school, but this change really threw him off. He finally calmed down and we had lunch in the classroom with the teachers and a few other boys. Is it normal for a child, any child, to freak out when their regular schedule is in the least bit changed?!?!?!? I realize he is still very young and the all day thing is alot for him. What do you think???

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
bugnscoop
by Member on Sep. 29, 2010 at 7:54 AM
I wouldn't worry about it. Time with mom is special and he was probably more upset thinking about not having it then about the schedule change.
mommy2028
by on Oct. 1, 2010 at 11:30 PM

Quoting bugnscoop:

I wouldn't worry about it. Time with mom is special and he was probably more upset thinking about not having it then about the schedule change.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)