Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Milk allergy and speech delay?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2011 at 11:12 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 1999 Total Views
Anyone have a child with a milk allergy and a speech delay? Our pedi said that often times a child with milk allergies has a speech delay and that can actually be the cause if it. So just wondering if anyone else's toddler has one too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2011 at 11:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
butterfly2425
by on Jan. 14, 2011 at 11:53 AM

i do

sandraberke
by on Jan. 25, 2011 at 12:15 PM

we are allergic to ALL dairy, Eggas,Nuts,Tomatoes, and cats : ( and aiden has a sever speech delay. we have in home session working with him and his speech and shes never mention a connection between to two.

Mipsy
by on Jan. 25, 2011 at 12:33 PM
Well I asked my sons speech therapist about it and she said she has cone across it a little but not much. But my so ns doctor said there are studies showing it.

Quoting sandraberke:

we are allergic to ALL dairy, Eggas,Nuts,Tomatoes, and cats : ( and aiden has a sever speech delay. we have in home session working with him and his speech and shes never mention a connection between to two.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SHNIKE2
by New Member on Feb. 15, 2011 at 12:14 PM

A milk allergy or lactose intolerant.  Big difference!  My daughter is not allergic, but is lactose intolerant.  HMMMM  I wonder??

SpeechTails
by Member on Mar. 8, 2011 at 2:35 PM

Hi,I am an SLP and I have never heard of it but will definitely do some research on it!!  will let you know what i find. 

courtneyjack
by New Member on Mar. 9, 2011 at 7:37 AM
My son had a milk allergy until age two (along with soy and egg) and he is in speech therapy for articulation problems. I have never heard the connection before. I did have a therapist mention the connection with picky eaters though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)