Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello, I'm new

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:49 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 271 Total Views

Hi. I'm so glad I found this group! My son will be 4 in March. He has a bit of a speech delay, nothing severe, but enough that it's frustrating for him when we can't understand him after he repeats himself over and over. It's gotten a lot better since he started developmental preschool. He'll be starting outside speech therapy next week.

We've put a hold on potty training... again. He pees in the potty fine. He was completely potty trained as far as peeing went. He won't poop in the potty though. I got sick of rinsing out poopy underwear, so we're just stopping. He has no interest at all.

I'm excited to get to know you ladies!

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
allihg17
by New Member on Jan. 16, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Welcome!  My son is 4 and he has an expressive language delay.  We had the same issue with the poop at that age.  He was pee-trained at 3 1/2 but wouldn't poop in the potty until a day after his fourth birthday.  Even now he still has to be pushed to go when he has to.  It's so frustrating!

sayres
by Member on Jan. 16, 2012 at 1:25 PM
Welcome! My ds had trouble pooping too. How we got him trained was that we put him on the potty every day around the same time. I would read to him or let him watch a show on the laptop. I would put him on the potty in the morning and in the afternoon. I also used a reward system. The consistency and the rewards paid off. It was a little difficult to find the time in our schedule but once we did it worked. Now he tells us when he needs to go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)