Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PLease give me feedbacks

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2007 at 8:15 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 172 Total Views
My Dylan about a month ago just give me hard time dressing him up. He use not to care what i put on him. Now he has to approve it. I know that at his age(2 1/2) they want to assert independence which I am proud of him but I am just wondering if your children is acting or has acted this way.?Even i give him 2 options that day if he does not like it he would not wear it. He would say, "no no "So now it takes a lot longer to get him dress. And by the way he only wants to wear one shoes, his favorite. There are lots of tears and kicking before we even get done. To top it all, since he can't say anything in sentences it makes it harder. He would point at his dresser, i would open it and he would pick what he wants to wea that day.
by on Dec. 8, 2007 at 8:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
SantaMom
by on Dec. 9, 2007 at 12:03 PM
Just my opinion but if one of my 2 choices were not to his liking he'd go to whatever he goes to in his jammies!  Trust me, we've all done this at least once and whoever sees him will KNOW what happened!  LOL!

While a 2 year old can and should make choices it's not on you to provide more than 2 selections.  You don't want a teenager doing this!
angelshanin2002
by Member on Dec. 13, 2007 at 2:54 PM
I have been having the same problem with my little one(2 1/2 )  What I ended up doing to make him happy was to let him kind of have his own way.  He really liked his spongebob jammies and so I compromised.  I put the cloths I wanted on, over the ones that he wanted.  And with it being cold out lately he stays warm.
lokamama10
by New Member on Jan. 22, 2008 at 3:40 AM

My Kadin is almost 2 1/2 and I know how you feel. He has a shirts drawer and a pants drawer. I open a drawer and he picks a shirt, I open the other and he gets pants. He doesn't care how he looks so I let him pick his style. Jackets aren't a option when it's cold, he can put it on or i'll make him put it on and his shoes are by the door so no fight there. I think picking a shirt and pants is a fair bit of independence. and he's happy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)