Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Word List?

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 6:33 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 328 Total Views

Poll

Question: Have you, or Do you make a word list to keep track of how many words/phrases your child knows?

Options:

Yes

No

I'm Going To Start

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 3

View Results

When my son first went for his speech therapy evaluation I had written down a list of words that he knows and uses(of course he uses his words rarely) and the person evaluating him was totally impressed. Apparently not a lot of people prepare such things. I'm actually in the middle of doing it again, for myself and maybe his therapist would like a copy. I'm so impressed by the number of words I have so far. I also made a phrase list, it kinda helps me to see that he is progressing, and that he does understand tasks that we ask of him. Do any of you make a word list? or something similar? 

by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 6:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
schmidty07
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes. I have a word list on my phone for my son. He is almost 27 months. He is close to about 50 words, but a lot of them he has only said once or twice. He gets speech once a week through early int. and I share the list with his speech therapist at every visit . I like looking at it too. It makes me feel good to see the progress :) Every word is a little celebration for us :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahSuzyQ
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Not anymore, but we did when we first started on this journey. It's great that you're able to mark your son's progress, and I'm sure the speech therapist will appreciate having a more complete picture of his abilities as well. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN