Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Speech Therapist, or Speech Therapist assistant?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:51 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 206 Total Views

Is your child being seen by a speech therapist or a speech therapist assistant. I always felt like my son's therapist seemed very young and at times I questioned her because she couldn't answer my questions. This last appointment I asked her what her title was and she is a speech therapist assistant -_- I have mixed fillings because she works under a speech therapist, but I wanted my son to see a speech therapist not the assistant you know what I mean.  Do your children or child see the actual therapist or the assistant.  Don't get me wrong my son has made great progress but I really think if it was the actual therapist it would be better. 

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
SarahSuzyQ
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:13 PM
Can you ask why he was assigned to her? All the providers my son has seen have been full SLPs.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tinarob
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:48 PM

I've never thought of asking. But I will =) I don't want to come off as rude but I would like him with a SLP, not a SLPA.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Can you ask why he was assigned to her? All the providers my son has seen have been full SLPs.

SarahSuzyQ
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:24 AM
It's not rude to ask for your child to see the most highly qualified person, or at least to clarify how things work at this practice. I hope you can find out what is going on.

Quoting tinarob:

I've never thought of asking. But I will =) I don't want to come off as rude but I would like him with a SLP, not a SLPA.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)