Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feb will be a yr...

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 2:50 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 242 Total Views

Since Carter has been in Speech therapy. I'm just wanting to share what improvements he's made, I know you all know the excited I have for these BIG (what seem like small to others) achievements in his life so far. 

This Halloween he picked out his own costume! He participated in trick or treating, literally going door to door ringing the door bell. We gave him choices (rather then just picking what we thought he wanted) and he eliminated costumes by saying "No" and then pointing to the one's he liked, from those options he picked Iron Man =).  Which has become his FAVORITE toy asking for it by name! 

He chooses undies vs diapers and will take himself to the rest room(Still working on him telling us he has to go, makes me nervous to try night training and out and about training) 

He answers "Yes" or "No" when we ask things like Carter do you want to eat he will say "Yes" on his own or "No" no more Carter say yes, or no.. 

He picks his own clothes and dresses and un dresses himself! He is using his manners and understands them. He tells us "thank-you" or "Please" "Sorry" He mastered the colors red and blue now incorporating green.(this makes me feel good, b/c twin sissy is barley learning colors and just knows the words, not what they are associated with LOL) 

He sings along with theme songs, and is talking alot more =) 

OMG SHOES! he puts his own shoes on and will ask for his shoes by name

*So I kinda wrote alot thanks for reading, it's a big deal since this time last yr he wasn't doing any of this! Speech has really helped him and now I'm starting to see it just when I thought once a week wasn't doing anything*

by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Malley
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 4:34 PM
That's great! So nice to hear good news!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tinarob
by Member on Dec. 15, 2012 at 5:18 PM

I'm so happy to share especially with other ladies who know how big of a deal it is to have your child ask for things when before they couldn't and struggled. It's nice to have people who understand, vs those who say "so why isn't he talking?" -_- 

Malley
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 8:11 AM
I know. My son never asked for things, just stood there looking wistful or crying. It was so nice when he finally told me what he wanted. Speaking of people who don't understand, I have a friend who thought he was rude for not saying please and thank you. I was happy he was telling me he wanted a drink. Who cared at that point?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahSuzyQ
by Member on Dec. 16, 2012 at 10:17 AM
This is such great progress! It's so nice to be able to see and celebrate our kiddos' successes. :-) Here's to many more to come!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)